(I'm handing control of KATRIEN to @mrz84 . If Zataka is the stalwart shield, let Katrien be your sword. She's an Aasimar pirate proficient in the scimitar. She's been sailing all of her life, and she's currently working for a rich client on the other side of the sea. She was hired to 'intercept' a shipment so that her client could write it off as an insurance loss.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
GM Text Here, why did they become pirates?
"We started as shipping merchants. I was determined to spare the girl her father's fate, so I refused to let her join the navy. But she's a spirited lass. It started innocently enough; sometimes clients would want us to transport cargo without a shipping manifest, particularly if they were moving valuable goods. But that quickly devolved into smuggling. We became a fence for thieves on the coast. Then one day... it was autumn, I think... we found a derelict ship drifting in the water. Katrien saw no harm in scavenging it for supplies. Then she found the map."
He shakes his head.
"No, that story's long and painful. Maybe I'll tell you someday."

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
GM TEXT HERE "what did she find that would alarm even a dragon like herself."
Three giant teeth, shattered, sticking out of the side of the boat. Each is easily as large as a cannon. The boat itself is torn to shreds, just like all of the others. Claw marks adorn the sides of the ship, big enough to imply the hand that made them is as large as a ship itself. A single silver scale, roughly as tall as Cecette, sits in the sand like a flag.
There are also footprints in the sand. They appear ampibian in nature, as large as a man's, and there are literally hundreds of them.