20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Nah, don't worry about sending me anything - but thanks for the offer. I'd rather not bust out a whole custom subscreen just for two items. The gist was that one candle had a red flame, and the other had a blue flame - which would work in tandem for puzzles. I guess I can just set L or R to swap the candle colors around instead.

Thanks everyone for your help with this. Hopefully someday I'll be much better at ZScript's syntax.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Nah, don't worry about sending me anything - but thanks for the offer. I'd rather not bust out a whole custom subscreen just for two items. The gist was that one candle had a red flame, and the other had a blue flame - which would work in tandem for puzzles. I guess I can just set L or R to swap the candle colors around instead.

Thanks everyone for your help with this. Hopefully someday I'll be much better at ZScript's syntax.
    I wasn't saying you had to make a custom subscreen. The only reason I had to script a subscreen for mine was because there is no way to setup a way to select items for extra item slots in the built in subscreen. The way you were wanting to do it would be simple. The only thing I would see that might need customizing in the subscreen is moving the candle item so that it isn't always a noticeable empty spot.

It's not really Zscript that you have to learn it's the quirks and limitations of ZC itself and then finding ways to work around them.

If you don't go the whole item swapping route The candle has to be easiest item to script from scratch.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    OMG - so I was informed (on purezc, lol) that if you add a new item with an unused itemclass (z89, z90, etc) for each item - then use the item override selection (select which specific item) - and bam. Now I have both candles as selectable items. Works for swords and boomerangs and everything upgradable.

The irony of how simple this was is really something.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    OMG - so I was informed (on purezc, lol) that if you add a new item with an unused itemclass (z89, z90, etc) for each item - then use the item override selection (select which specific item) - and bam. Now I have both candles as selectable items. Works for swords and boomerangs and everything upgradable.

The irony of how simple this was is really something.
    Sorry, I figurde you knew about how that worked and it wasn't what you needed.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Nope, I always assumed it worked backwards from how it actually works. (I thought it sort of added that custom item class to whichever item class you selected - BUT IT'S NOT, derp).

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I love how PureZC members just seem to love using my functions in their headers without giving me any credit or even headsup. I don't ask for credit. I don't even feel the need for people to ask me if it's okay to use my scripts that I've shared publicly for their own purposes(to date @bigjoe is the only person that has done this, i think, good man). It's the decent thing to do, though. Isn't it? It is a little funny hearing people talk about headers I never heard of and finding out they contain my code.
    That's not fair, I gave you credit for the functions in my quest and in this very thread!

Anyways, I also did not know that custom item classes could be used in this fashion, hence why I assumed a custom subscreen was needed. This is...surprisingly useful.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    That's not fair, I gave you credit for the functions in my quest and in this very thread!
    I meant asking permission to use a script that I shared publicly. All the Scripts I was involved with with you already implied permission.

Thread Information