User Tag List

View Poll Results: How great do you believe Link jousting on a skateboard is?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super great, I love it so much that I peed myself.

5 55.56%
  • Really great, I didn't want to put the controller down.

2 22.22%
  • It's one of those things that I overlook because "the reason."

2 22.22%
  • It makes me vomit like comet and nothing gets clean.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: tLoZ: Dawn of Minora

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%

tLoZ: Dawn of Minora

I finally worked out most of the bugs in my quest. Here is the nonpassworded file for your enjoyment!
    Happy Holidays folks!

Features include: Lantern, skateboard, 2 settings missile launcher, 10 sword selection menus, hp/mp/attack/defense up level upgrades, sword upgrades, and other things.
    The defense stat is still not functioning though.
    The rest of it works fine so far, along with the debug screen accessed by scrolling up on the mouse wheel.
    Last edited by Zim; 06-27-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Broken Link

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.69%
    Sounds neat, I'll be giving it a try later today.

Edit: Well its quite interesting. Its not a quest. its more of a debug type of thing. Which is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Ventus; 12-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    88.93%
    Can't seem to get the debug to work. I scroll up on my tracpad but nothing happens...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosh View Post
    Can't seem to get the debug to work. I scroll up on my tracpad but nothing happens...
    Yes, for some reason the tracpad on laptops and touchscreens doesn't activate the Z-axis like a mouse-wheel does.
    I just ordered a Splitfish dual controller with tilt axis also so I might be implementing some balance feature for the skateboard.. Since Link gets around so fast with it though it might be too much of a burden to have that unless it's made very non-sensitive and forgiving in it's balance compensation.

This is actually going to be a quest eventually.. I've just been working mainly on the platform for the experience based levelling, debugger, and action scripts so far though mainly, it takes me a long time to make screens that are quality enough for me to like them, and when I don't like them they get erased.

Other features I forgot to mention were the Character switching from the screen with the portrait of Link on it.. and Zelda and Ganon's specific abilities. Zelda runs way faster, and can use MP to deflect enemies and their projectiles, and Ganon can do a Lunge attack like Twilight Princess's Link.
    However, this quest file did start out as mainly a debugger for implementing into any quest for beta testing and severe enemy-hoard placement for fun. With a few little modifications it turns into a two player hack'n'slash game where one player can summon enemies, (with some sort of limitation for how many they are allowed to) with the mouse while the other player controls Link.
    Feel free to use any of my scripts or graphics in your quests if you like them. I would appreciate a spot in the credits though!
    Thanks for checking it out!

Moosh: you could modify the script file, it's right after the global's while(true) [line 421] where it says if(Link->InputMouseZ>0&&Link->InputMouseZ<3){Q();} or something like that and change the script so that it is activiated a different way.
    Be at the dock between 8:10 and 8:20 AM to get the sword from the mermaid, then there's a Patra battle on the sideview scrolling screen when the player dives into the pool to the east of town.
    Last edited by Zim; 12-08-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I left something out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    I rewrote the sideview platform scrolling screen so that it can do multi-layer collision, i.e. multiple levels of walkability on the screens, and is now easier to assign graphic and collision as they match up with a single number on the prolonged x-axis.
    I am going to write in a designation code for bitmaps and other forms of platform drawing today, so that any graphic can be assigned, or a whole screen can be assigned as the graphic, so that all someone will have to do to make a complete sidescrolling game is draw or copy/paste screens onto the map and write in the screen numbers every 240 pixels.
    It works great and complete megaman-esque style games can be made in a few minutes with this code.
    After I am done I will post a new demo, but that might be in a few days as I have decided to take a break from scripting and ZC in general for awhile.
    The only thing that is upsetting to me about this whole concept is that the collision goes by every 8 or 16 pixels on the y axis, therefor a climbing/decending screen is not yet quite possible with this style of code. I would like to talk with the coders of ZC about being able to assign a combo on any Y axis position, that would definitely be awesome. As it is right now a climbing or decending level would be really choppy because the collision would be like limbo every other 7 pixels.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C-Gr26hC34
    Here is the video of some progress I made with the sideview after some help from Saffith.
    This scripting with some better graphics would actually make a really great game. The collision for the sideview platforms happens automatically now, so all the coder has to do is assign an x-axis number on a prolonged distance marker and the y axis and the script does the rest.
    Edit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2NnKrFxOI
    an even better demonstration of what it does.
    Last edited by Zim; 12-14-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: New Video

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps64878fff.png
    Here's a screenshot of what will probably be the entrance to level 1 in the final.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    I've been posting various videos of progress on YouTube lately, here's another one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBUp0...=youtube_gdata

It's an Arena feature that's going to be part of the game I'm making. Eventually, after being able to place bets on who will win the matches, Link might participate in the Arena himself, with a team. To do that though I will have to make some NPCs that will actually fire LWeapons instead of EWeapons, so they don't hurt Link, because any other method of bypassing the collision might make bugs that would cause him to become invulnerable to the enemy's attacks whilst his collision is disabled for his own team's enemies.

Anyway, the scripting for the baddies to duke it out in the Arena is done.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    I finally got round to doing the 'passive-active' deal for the equipped items. The method I decided to go with, since I use PS style controls for ZC, 4 buttons on the front, four buttons on the top, is use ex1-ex2 to switch menus, ex3 &ex4 for action oriented moves, like quick hops, parry's etc. and L and R for A and Bs' equipment. Holding L brings up a menu with the inventory, which is scripted to never go outside the screen, it works just like the subscreen from there, except for holding the button down and using d-pad instead of pressing dpad then A or B on the subscreen to select item, the item the selector box is on last is the item equipped to link when the button is let go of, and followed by NoAction() so Link doesn't get to move while changing equipment. R does the same thing for the A button: HoldR+Dpad+RelR=Last item selector was on is equip to A.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFpQlGmw9gQ
    ALMOST enough original content (scriptwise) in this game to believe it will be a masterpiece someday, graphically it's still completely rehashed DoR with minor alterations, and not many screens I'd actually pass into a final draft myself.
    Last edited by Zim; 03-14-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.84%
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdY3aw1E-1E
    Here is video with all the bugs worked out. The only thing left for this script to be 100% is item tile assignment, and to make no graphic in the spot when no item is present, and change the framing of the box, of course.

Thread Information