0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.74%
    I played through (and completed) 12 quests, then lost interest as other aspects of my life took over. Apologies to anyone whose quest I did not get to. My rankings of the 12 I completed:

(I did not give point values at the time, and am kinda winging it now, but anymore ...)

1) MischaPetya: 9.3 - Far and away the best dungeon layouts. Maybe a bit too 'linear', but everything can be found (though I did miss a Key somewhere in Level 6). Not quite as authentic as some other quests, but nothing 'way out there'. The dungeons are the primary reason I bump this one just ahead of the next.

2) BigJoe: 9.2 - The most 'authentic' quest I completed, with good difficulty. Doesn't really add to the genre, but the new creatures (really, just new color schemes) are well-suited to a sequel quest. I'm fine with the music, though it may have to go in order to be the 'official' 5th quest.

3) HeroOfFire: 8.7 - A highly 'polished' quest (some typos aside), and I loved the new item (which, to be fair, did appear in at least one other quest I played).

4) Nightmare: 8.5 - Very imaginative, particularly Level 9. One of my favorite 'new' villains. Suffered a bit from linear dungeons and a waste of what could have been awesome items.

5) Chris Miller: 7.7 - Level 9 was a killer (maybe too much, in comparison to every other dungeon), but still fair IMHO. Was my 2nd completion; only a couple beat it out.

6) CJC: 7.5 - Probably a 9.5 or higher on its own merit, but too far removed from the original. This one really should spawn its own 'Create your own quest' contests!

7) Shoelace: 7.3 - Similar to the previous one, as it probably works better as an 'original' quest than a 5th Quest. A lot of imagination here.

8) Imzogelmo: 7.0 - Scores high on the 'puzzle' aspect, perhaps the highest among the quests I played, but plagued by tedious sections and a buggy new item.

9) Questwizard88: 6.8 - Closer to 'authentic' than the ones just above, but not as much fun, and the grinding I had to do near the end was a pain. Also, not EVERY room in Level 9 needs bullet-firing statues!

10) Love For Fire: 6.6 - The quest definitely matches the creator's screenname. A lot of innovative ideas, but lacks a cohesive nature that's needed for authenticity.

11) Nethis: 6.4 - Not a fan of 'one-way' passages. I'm fine with 'small' dungeons, though they won't fit with a 5th Quest. Had a few 'fatal errors'. That I 'zeroed' the quest (won without losing a life) probably takes away from it.

12) dcsyxx: 6.2 - Loved the originality regarding dungeon layout. Levels 7 and 8 had (what I think was) a bug that allowed for speedy completion. Some items, I never did find. I didn't hate the quest, but I didn't care for it as much as the ones above.

13) peteandwally: 6.0 - I think the 'horizontal hold' was off on my screen! Otherwise, mediocre dungeon design which takes a long time to build up in difficulty.

14) zcfan27330: 4.2 - For me, the dropoff from the previous quest to this one is more than noticeable. A couple fatal errors, and some very UNimaginative dungeon layouts. Another one I completed early.

15) BtjCraft: 2.5 - I didn't mind the sophomorphic humor as much as some, but this was WAY too easy. A 'Monty Haul' quest if there ever was one. I did like the 'mid-Boss' of Level 6, though.

16) Travster: 1.8 - WAY, WAY, WAAAAAY too tough when I played it. (From what I read, this came after the quest was way, way too easy; gotta find that middle-ground.) Also didn't care for the palette swaps in what was supposed to be an 'authentic' sequel.

Did not complete: Scootaloo (turns out there was a bug in Level 7).

Never got to the quest by Sylph.

My two cents.
    Last edited by Coyotek4; 09-22-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Thread Information