Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.05%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything of the sort. I guess to me it just seems silly to rant that much about one of the best platformers of all time on the NES. For example, in Quick Mans stage I like the laser beam sequence. It would suck to play that level with them removed. The only issue I found with the game design was the crash-bomb boss, the rest are mainly just quirks.

I think I can answer why so many people hold MM2 as the "best MM game" for you: It has a very fast-paced flow with the best MM soundtrack and a solid selection of bosses. Also, all the robot weapons are not only useful but are bad-ass. You can practically select weapons at random an any random level and you can manage to do something clever with it (Flash thingy aside).

3 is still my favorite though.
    "One of the best platformers" and "best MM soundtrack" are subjective, though.

Like I won't lie, it's still one of the best soundtracks in the series, but I like 3's a hell of a lot more for instance, as well as the game in general. Everything's subjective of course, and even if it may seem like I am I'm never attempting to sway anyone away from their opinion, just giving my side of the argument, also my rants are written with intentional... well not really exaggerated points but exaggerated emotion, because I think it's entertaining. By all means, like the game, enjoy it, but you'll never make me like anything but its soundtrack. ... and Air Man's stage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    In order of preference, I'd place them in this listing from best to worst:
    1. MM3
    2. MM9
    3. MM4
    4. MM10
    5. MM5
    6. MM7
    8. MM2
    9. MM8
    10. MM1
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%
    Just curious why people hate the original so much. Yes it was hard, there were no E tanks, the controls weren't as polished as the rest of the series and it was a little glitchy, but it was the foundation of the series and it still holds a special place in my heart - especially since I know I have finished that beast at least once or twice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.05%
    I honestly think the first game is still really solid. It has its issues, the scoring system is pointless, the magnet beam requirement is quite mean especially if you aren't aware you'll need it, and if you get knocked into spikes by an enemy you can't escape using invincibility frames like you can in later games, and also the Yellow Devil is the evilest thing ever... ... if you don't use the select glitch. >.> <.<

But it was a solid game with a solid soundtrack, I thought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    I never liked the original because... I dunno... it just never felt right to me. I can't explain it. There's something about it, where even when I know what I'm doing, I feel like I'm struggling for some reason, taking unnecessary hits, etc. Once I know a stage in the later Mega Man games, I can breeze through it no problem (most of the time). I never get that feeling with Mega Man 1, though, I never feel competent enough to breeze through stages (or even reach the bosses). Maybe it's a personal psychological issue, I dunno.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I've only beat the original Mega Man once and that was a few months ago via the 3DS Virtual Console. The Wily Castle bosses posed the most problem to me (mostly Yellow Devil and Wily himself) with YD being the only enemy I used the 'Menu Glitch' on due to sheer annoyance. Wily was a bit of a challenge, but still easier than that big piece of giant putty. The music is great though and the game is a good challenge to play through.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    As of last night, ver. 1.2.0 of Megaman Unlimited was just released giving you a new stage: Whirlpool Man stage along with the ability to get his weapon and use it in the main game. (similar to how Punk, Ballade and Enker worked in MM10) He also added an endless attack and endless boss rush mode as well. For those who've played it before, redownload it again and play it, for those who don't know yet, you're in for a treat!
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf View Post
    As of last night, ver. 1.2.0 of Megaman Unlimited was just released giving you a new stage: Whirlpool Man stage along with the ability to get his weapon and use it in the main game. (similar to how Punk, Ballade and Enker worked in MM10) He also added an endless attack and endless boss rush mode as well. For those who've played it before, redownload it again and play it, for those who don't know yet, you're in for a treat!
    I've heard of the game, but never tried it yet. I have downloaded the newest version so I'm gonna try that.

I have to say though...that "anime style" trailer ending kinda makes me feel...uncomfortable (due to not knowing a better way to describe it) with the disembodied Mega Man arm...I don't know why....It just seems...brutal I guess.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%
    Play the game to the end and you'll see exactly why the title screen is as it is. And honestly, I couldn't think of any other image he could have displayed to clearly drive the point home what the overall story of the game is about. Beat it and you'll find out!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    I was always terrible at Mega Man games. I could usually get through the robot masters stages with enough attempts, but Wily's castles always gave me trouble. That didn't stop me from playing and enjoying them though. I never owned a Mega Man cart, they were rentals mostly. I remember playing Mega Man X and enjoying it, but I don't think I ever played any of the others in that series. I did get 9 when it came out on the Wii, but never finished it. (See above) Didn't get 10.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Thread Information