Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
Anyway, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything of the sort. I guess to me it just seems silly to rant that much about one of the best platformers of all time on the NES. For example, in Quick Mans stage I like the laser beam sequence. It would suck to play that level with them removed. The only issue I found with the game design was the crash-bomb boss, the rest are mainly just quirks.

I think I can answer why so many people hold MM2 as the "best MM game" for you: It has a very fast-paced flow with the best MM soundtrack and a solid selection of bosses. Also, all the robot weapons are not only useful but are bad-ass. You can practically select weapons at random an any random level and you can manage to do something clever with it (Flash thingy aside).

3 is still my favorite though.
"One of the best platformers" and "best MM soundtrack" are subjective, though.

Like I won't lie, it's still one of the best soundtracks in the series, but I like 3's a hell of a lot more for instance, as well as the game in general. Everything's subjective of course, and even if it may seem like I am I'm never attempting to sway anyone away from their opinion, just giving my side of the argument, also my rants are written with intentional... well not really exaggerated points but exaggerated emotion, because I think it's entertaining. By all means, like the game, enjoy it, but you'll never make me like anything but its soundtrack. ... and Air Man's stage.