9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%

So this is happening...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._takeover_plan

Its being talked about on other places I've checked and is a thing. So let's have a chat.

Who would you want to buy Capcom?

Personally, I'd like Nintendo to. They have the most history with them (IMHO) and if Sony or MS bought them, I think that would mean no more Mega Man in Smash.

The other thing that could happen is that nobody buys them and the go the way of THQ and get their IPs auctioned off (again, I would want Nintendo to get Mega Man at the very least, maybe also Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Ghost and Goblins/Ghouls, Breath of Fire, maybe even Street Fighter)
    Last edited by mrz84; 06-17-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.22%
    It would seem weird to me if Nintendo bought Capcom - Nintendo controlling Street Fighter just doesn't seem right to me. I totally think Nintendo should get the rights to Megaman, though.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Yeah, Nintendo owning all of capcom's goodies worries me. I wouldn't mind them having classic mega man(they could continue the powered up series!). Then again Retro taking up MMX or MML could work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.74%
    I'd be a-ok with Nintendo buying the rights to the Mega Man franchise.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.76%
    The "Spiritual Successor" as Inufune (seemingly the lead architect of Megaman at this point) being Mighty No. 9, which has almost 4 million dollars loaded into it by pre-sale investitures is already anticipated for release in November of this year for the Wii U.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...o9/mighty-no-9 has some information on it, although this site might be outdated due to the productions moving on.

Investors get their picture in the game, a phrase of their choosing, and extra pamphlets and art.

Although I would suppose it's possible that the team could sell the rights to continue production of this genre, that would leave a hefty customer base with contracted Wii U porting in the hands of a different development staff mid-production, which doesn't seem like a likely move to me.

As for the Megaman franchise itself, being that Legends had a 64 port, Megaman X4 on Sony PSX, various arcade appearances like Capcom vs. Marvel, it seems to me that Megaman will probably still be ported to any systems that can currently be utilized to their full potential with the current markets, what's available to which demographic areas, what the people in the development staff currently feel like pursuing, etc. i.e. the way that Megman X 1-4 , 4 being slightly more advanced than the prior releases, made their appearances to me in my area before Megaman 7-9, being a slight step back in graphics and action capabilities being on the SNES but still very fun nonetheless, and especially the obvious difference in lineage being that Wily and Sigma are different characters.
    *theoretical cybernetic implanting of Wily's consciousness into the robot known as Sigma maybe?*

Whatever the case, I don't believe that at any time throughout history the developers of these titles are ever going to solidify an exclusive contract for a certain system for the ENTIRE franchise, but deal with those issues on an individual basis, rather.
    I mean, realistically, if someone(s) such as the AGN staff or any other people out there made a new hardware/software relationship, be it a handheld, console, arcade, etc., with an easily directed game creation studio, for any reason whatsoever that would seem like a good idea, like power conservation capabilities, faster processors, higher definition sound or video, ideas like that, there would be no real reason to deny the new developers and the Capcom staff the opportunity to do something good for gamers and/or the environment at the same time.
    Last edited by Zim; 06-20-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Zim, I really think you miss the point. If Capcom gets bought out by one of the Big Three it will become a "Second Party Developer" and will only produce games exclusively for their parent company. Sony isn't going to own Capcom but be like, "Oh, you can still make games for Nintendo and Xbox if you really want to." And we aren't talking about ports. Capcoms ports suck anyway. The main reason to get excited about someone buying up Capcom or the rights to it's franchises is to get new games. Mega Man in particular has been neglected. While we got 9 and 10 as throwback titles but Powered Up series got dumped(Shouldn't have put it on PSP!) and Mega Man Legends 3 is pulling the Half Life 3 routine. All of these things probably due to Capcom struggling just to stay afloat. With a strong parent company we might see Mega Man get the love that little blue guy deserves. However, if Sony or Microsoft grabs up Capcom we pretty assuredly lose Capcom's Nintendo franchises. Which is why Nintendo is the top choice.

Though maybe Namco can grab 'em and keep some multiplatform stuff. Who knows what will happen. Maybe no one will buy Capcom and they will try to make themselves more attractive to buy in a year or two. I really doubt they want to auction off their beloved IPs. Though that would be great because the companies that buy them most likely will be very interested in developing them. The worst outcome I can foresee is a company putting most of Capcom's goodies in the closet and only developing titles they think will make them big bucks. Unfortunately that's likely to happen to.

I am sick of people saying Mighty Number 9 is the new mega man! It's not. We have no idea how much like Mega Man it's going to be and it still doesn't replace great Mega Man Series' that have many devoted fanbases: Mega Man X/Maverick Hunter X, Zero, ZX, Retro titles(MM9 & 10), Legends, Battle Network, and various other spinoffs. I imagine Mighty Number 9 will be amazing and if Mega Man dies off MN9 may be a good alternative for fans but it isn't Mega Man and I doubt it's going to try to be(possibly for legal reasons). Maybe if Capcom's IP's go to auction Comcept can buy up the rights to Mega Man.

Thread Information