Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%

Link's Awakening: Review

Link's Awakening is an amazing game. If you call yourself a Zelda fan and you haven't played this game, you're wrong. :)
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%
    I love this game. Period. Link's Awakening may have been one of the most perfect Game Boy games created. It was just so jam packed compared to a lot of the other Game Boys games from that time. I also liked a lot of the tie-ins with the Mario series that ended up being used in future games as well (think Tarin then later Talon which resemble Mario). It's sold and I liked your review. There is so much to this game that really it's so hard to do this game justice in under 10 minutes, but you did a great job highlighting many aspects of the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.14%
    Back in college, a friend of mine had a copy of the game, so I borrowed it from him and played partway through, but never finished it. He was actually a link to Gameboy games for me - while I did have an Advance, he still had the original brick. Thanks to him I got a chance to play Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land. One of these days, I should go back to it and finish it ('course, now I can just download it on the Virtual Console to my 3DS).
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%
    Thanks for watching, guys. I kind of want to go back and replay the game now on my Advance or Gameboy Color just becuase i didn't get to play it with the color enhancements. I honestly had to run through it on the Super Gameboy not only to record footage, but also because I played this game the most on my Super Gameboy with those greet colors when I was growing up. It's incredibly nostalgic for me to play this game on a Super Gameboy.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%
    Now that I think of it, I never owned a Game Boy either. I did have a Super Game Boy so any 1st gen Game Boy games I played were on that unless I did so through emulation. I already bought and have played through the VC Link's Awakening on my 3DS so I am still able to get my fix for this game in that manner.

Thread Information