Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%

Lightbulb Distant Origins

Hey guys! I am writing a game similar to Legend of Zelda and would love your feedback on our graphics. I know it seems kinda spammy, but who else other than true Zelda fans that can give me great feedback? I have been a lurker and played the original Zelda classic when it was still in development 10 years ago.

Come check out the facebook page. www.facebook.com/distantorigins

I would really love to hear what you guys think. I am hoping to release the game this winter.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.39%
    You've got an intriguing almost water-color style which is very appealing.

I do have a slight complaint about your protagonist's attire, though. I'm not a fan of pointy hoods, I would prefer if the hood had a more rounded bottom. Still, it's your project and you're free to do as you please!

Welcome back to AGN! Hopefully you'll be active on the forums and tell us more about the development of your project.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Thanks for your feedback!

Yeah I love this watercolor style! The artist is very talented. I am hoping to have some game play footage this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.71%
    The rock walls in one outside screenshot look a bit strange, though; they don't tile perfectly on the bottom and the right side looks like it just abruptly stops. Other than that, the style is sharp, clean, and really well done.

Is there a gameplay trailer floating around anywhere?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Yeah actually there is a quick peak on my facebook page. Game play is a little rough, still tweaking mechanics. Tell me what you think. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...40794869598137

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.68%
    Here is some footage of a boss battle! Would love to know what you guys think!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.21%
    Looks pretty cool... But a boss battle with Death that doesn't involve a bunch of mini-scythes and one giant scythe flying around the room? I dunno, just doesn't seem right (lol sorry, Castlevania has burned the concept of the Death-boss-battle into my brain).
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.84%
    That looks pretty awesome man. Nice work. The only think I didn't like was the noise the Keese (bats) made when they spawned or moved, it was so high pitched and shrill it actually hurt my ears. Just a thought. The artwork is well done though and the other music and sound effects were pretty good.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by Exohive View Post
    Hey guys! I am writing a game similar to Legend of Zelda and would love your feedback on our graphics. I know it seems kinda spammy, but who else other than true Zelda fans that can give me great feedback? I have been a lurker and played the original Zelda classic when it was still in development 10 years ago.

Come check out the facebook page. www.facebook.com/distantorigins

I would really love to hear what you guys think. I am hoping to release the game this winter.
    Excuse me for being critical but... Well, first of all you are asking Kickstarter for $300,000 dollars! How exactly did you get to that figure? What will that money pay for exactly?

Some of the games/apps you mention as experience seem to be based on existing software. All of which seem to be relatively new. What exactly is your experience with game development and level design? How is Distant Origins being developed?

What makes you certain you can meet your goal of finishing the game this year? You describe the game as being pretty epic and there doesn't seem to be very much to show yet. The Zelda Classic community is intimately familiar with the work and time involved in a similar undertaking. How complete is your game at this point?

You also mention the Exohive team, but there is no indication on your website, facebook, or kickstarter that this is anyone but you. Who is on your team? What is their experience? Have you worked together in the past?

How can anyone be sure backing your game is a sound investment?

Thread Information