Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    98.25%

Indexed Palette Grabbing

I really love how simple ZQuest makes creating palettes, but I've never been a big fan of using the in-engine palette editor, instead opping to create images with indexed palettes in ASEprite then grabbing palettes from them. Here's one issue I've been running into lately:

I've used ASEprite for almost a full year know, and I know perfectly fine how indexed palettes work. But when I try grabbing palettes from my sprite sheet, the entire first row Cset is a jumbled mess in ZQuest. Here is the image I was grabbing from:

I've been able to fix the issue by making a simple palette image like the one below, but it's a big inconvenience having to manually make these.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    That is the exact image file you have uploaded there? Because in my experience, this is usually caused by a bad filetype. But PNGs should be okay...

Also, I'm not familiar with AEsprite, but I have used Graphicsgale to similar effect.

Thread Information