I figured since my last movie discussion was such a hit, I'd follow it up with another. This time, I'd like to ask which tropes/cliches of movies drive you absolutely bonkers and you wish would just go away.

For me, it's the child sidekick thrown in to so many children's movies/shows so that the audience has someone they can "relate to." For instance, we have Slimer and later the Junior Ghostbusters from Real Ghostbusters. Everyone wanted to see more Slimer... Until they turned him into a gluttonous doofus. Always getting in the way, the ear-grating "slimer speak," his sheer bumbling stupidity... Ugh... I'm not saying he had to be all scary and evil like in the movie, but geez... If you had to have him, that was just about the worst thing you could've done with him. Then there's that kid they added to the Power Rangers - a bit after my time, but my God, if I hadn't stopped watching before then, that would've killed it for me. You had Jubilee from the X-Men - woo, early 90s slang and fireworks. More recently, I watched the new Avengers cartoon, and they did that crap with Wasp. Sure, she wasn't a kid, exactly, but they gave her the same traits - totally incompetent, lame powers, unfamiliar with the superhero world, a "character kids are supposed to relate to." I don't even think I have to discuss Wesley Crusher. Now, once or twice, I've seen it done right, where it worked and the characters weren't annoying as all get-out. Mainly, I'm thinking of the Ninja Turtles movies. You had the son of the producer in the first one, and the pizza delivery kid in the second one - obviously meant to fill that role of having a younger character the audience can identify with, but in both cases, they never really got in the way, nor did they ever have a real "child prodigy saves the day" moment (they both did help out, but realistically), so you could put up with them. Overall though, it's entirely unnecessary - at best, when it's done well, you really don't care. Never does it feel like it's absolutely vital to have those characters, so if you're going to include one, you better damn well know what you're doing.