I just downloaded ZeldaClassic and I'm trying to teach myself the ropes. My ultimate goal is to create a quest for my nephew that is entirely based on the 1st quest.

Anyway, I have version 2.5, and I already have a few questions (I'll probably have several), but these are to start.

1. I downloaded the "Example1st" template, but every time I try to run the game, it says "Error - not a custom quest!" I'd like to start making some edits to the dungeons and where items are located, but if it is going to say, "Error - not a custom quest!" how will I be able to load the game?

2. Whenever I just try to start from scratch, it places link in square #00, as opposed to 77. How do I change this?

3. Instead of the basic NES screen that shows rupies and keys, this one appears to have several items that it's showing, including what appears to be a red bomb, as well as saying "Magic." Is there a checkbox where I can just see the basic original NES screen, instead of these enhancements?

That's a start. I'd sure appreciate your insight if you can help me - thank you!