8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.14%

Soulgazer's Requiem

By Shane 2013-2014

Soulgazer's Requiem is a quest of mine that started somewhat in June 2013. I only developed the title screen at the time, with the intention of using the EZGBZ 2.50 tileset by Lightwulf. Not long later, somewhere around August 2013, I decided to pick it up again by planning the story. I started off by basing the story off a unannounced two week contest quest, since I personally liked the potential of that storyline for it. After months of planning, the story is finally complete and ready to be implemented into the final product. But meanwhile all the planning, I fleshed out other content for the quest as well... but soon after, I fell mentally ill from family loses and depression, and was unmotivated, uninspired and unwilling to touch Zelda Classic for the longest time. Most people had the assumption of doubt. My quest wasn't going to be anywhere near done and I was aiming too high yet again... But early January 2014, I got back into full swing and developed screens like a mad man. I got a lot of positive reaction and feedback, and I couldn't be more happier with the project.

The quest is story-driven and focuses on looking and feeling like a true GBC Zelda title. That's not to say, this will feature a lot of new artwork, audio and the like. There are various resources in this quest that you won't find in a raw EZGBZ 2.50 tileset, but don't worry, once I finish this quest, I plan to release most of the custom content from the quest. Be it tiles, palettes or even music. Speaking of music, seeing that I'm going for a GBC styled Zelda game, Soulgazer's Requiem will feature songs from the GBC Zelda games, including some new track remixes from other Zelda games. It will also feature a lot of GBC Zelda physics that were seen in a project that I am helping with called Oracle of Awakening.

The game parallels with Skyward Sword on the timeline, and will explain why the Goddesses created the earth, law and people in the first place. It will also reexplain Hylia's role with the world, and the Sheikah's as well. I plan on climatic cutscenes and strong character development. I want the game to feel alive as much as possible. The most note worthy character to shout out is a girl named Scarlett; Link's typical childhood friend. Don't let her role as a typical childhood friend fool you as she plays a stronger and completely different role as you progress through the game. I won't dwell on discussing her anymore further.

As of now, I'm revisiting the overworld and most of the current screens and because of this, I don't want to show any screens as of this writing. This thread is just a "hey, you saw my screenshots in the screenshot thread, now let me explain you what was up with that" kind of thread, really. I noticed a lot of people here were interested here. Not an announcement thread, I'm leaving that for a later date.

Announcement Date: Mid-May | Demo Release Date: Late-July | Final Release Quest Date: Late-2015

Credits: Jared (Beta Tester), Gouanaco (Beta Tester), Sepulcher (Beta Tester), Jacques (Beta Tester), EddyTheOliveira (Beta Tester), Nexas (Beta Tester), Sheik (Graphics/Palettes), Whiterose (Graphics), NoeL (Graphics), Lightwulf (EZGBZ 2.50/Graphics), ZC Developers (Zelda Classic), Capcom (Oracle Series) and Nintendo (Zelda Series).

* Support outside the [PureZC] community will be credited inside the quest.

Well now, with all this aside, feel free to comment, ask, or suggest anything you want. Have a good day AGN and thanks for reading. I hope you look forward to this!
    Last edited by Shane; 04-29-2014 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Added Credits (Important!)

Thread Information