3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.31%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The Deus Ex Series.

Anyone here play any of the Deus Ex series? I'll just jump right into it the discussion.

I'm not sure which order I would recommend playing the games in. For one, DE3 is the most technologically advanced, and definitely the most satisfying of the three, with Invisible War being the least satisfying in terms of gameplay, despite being of a similar ilk to the other two. I did enjoy it, but not as much.

Plot-wise, you could play them in the order of release, or in the chronological order. DE3 takes place before DE1. DE2 takes place after DE1. If you play DE3 before DE1, you'll get to see who Joseph Manderley is in DE1, as well as a more in-depth glimpse of Bob Page. If you play DE2 last (And you should.) you get to see DE1's starting area in a really dramatic and awesome way. I love when games do that.

Ultimately, it's some of the most fun you can have with sneaking around with a tranquilizer rifle and choke-holds.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.11%
    should be more open world

Karate guys for cash. Aegix Drakan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.73%
    Deus Ex? Did someone mention Deus ex?! :o

I LOVE that series!

Personally, I recommend playing the first one first. Mostly because it's incredibly clunky and going to that from Human Revolution is going to really annoy you.

You know, as much as I love the hell out of Human Revolution (It's currently my favorite game of all time), I really do have to say the original Deus Ex has a WAY better final mission.

Seriously. In Human Revolution, you get a new enemy type that fills the ENTIRE last mission and a multiple choice for your ending. In Deus Ex 1, you have a whole final mission with SEVERAL enemy types (new and old), and three separate (contradictory) objectives active at the same time, each one leading to a different ending. Also, you have all 3 factions (and the villain) yelling into your ear to do their objective and getting very upset at you if you don't follow their path. Seriously, I looked at my options, picked the lesser evil with the greatest chance to do good, and then I hear "No! Think of all the good we could do!!!" and "Are you INSANE, Denton?!" and "Alright, alright stop already! I'll give you your own goddamn continent! Just stop!" blaring over my audio link. It was GLORIOUS.

Now if only the original game's tranq darts didn't suck a fat load of donkey farts (hell, all the non lethal options sucked donkey farts!), and I didn't have to manually throw out all the extra knives and body armor I picked up every time I looked a soldier's body, then it would be almost as good as Human Revolution. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.73%
    Oh god, some of my friends and I came up with a short story web series which was loosely based off of Deux Ex - a cyberpunk noir (our version had more zeerust though). I love it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    I've only played Human Revolution, and even then, past the first level. It has its share of pros and cons. And could have used a bit more polish in some areas.

But I've also only played past the first level and flaggin some side-quests. My opinion isn't really valid until I try more.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.15%
    I never really got into the Deus Ex series. I love the concept, but in practice, it never seems to work out for me. Like, the first game was alright, despite having kind of a clunky interface, if I recall, but I remember getting hopelessly lost fairly early on. Most recently, I've gotten into Human Revolution, and while I loved it, I felt like I wasn't building my character right. Like, I'd want a little of everything, and then find myself in a situation where I didn't have enough combat skills to fight my way through, but didn't have enough stealth/hacking to sneak around the encounter. Maybe I was just doing something wrong, though. I mean, I don't want the game to hold my hand and tell me what to do all the time, but I don't like feeling like I've screwed up my decisions so badly that the only way through is to start over.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information