Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.83%

Options in character dialogue.

Just started playing with ZC quest. After reading some tutorials and checking out some let's plays on some of the user-made games It seems that the software does not allow a person to just have characters on the screen that speak to you when you walk up to them and press "B". It only seems to be able to display text upon entering a particular screen. Is this the case? Or am I mistaken.

Hopefully I can add multiple "guys" like with a town where Link can just walk up to each character and speak to the character by pressing "B' because the quest idea I have relies upon doing this.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

After browsing some tutorials and looking at some let's-plays for various ZC-made games, it does not appear that zelda quest allows someone to place "guys" on the screen that you can walk up to and press "B" to speak to them. It seems the only way to have dialogue in the game is to have text that automatically plays upon entering a screen. Is this true? The quest I would like to make would depend on me making towns where characters are walking about outside that Link can walk up to and interact with.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 02-03-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.6%
    NPCs that you can talk to by pressing A, B, L, or R can only be done with scripting. Here are two different NPC scripts from the purezc.net script database:
    http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43826
    http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=47162
    The first one is for simple NPCs that simply talk to Link when you press a certain button, while the second one is for NPCs that trade items, give rupees to Link, or take rupees from Link.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 02-03-2014 at 02:36 AM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.83%
    Thanks. I don't know how to use scripts but I'm sure I can look it up somewhere. Good to know that this feature is possible, even with a little extra work.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.78%
    It's actually fairly easy, although the potential is huge so it can seem quite a bit overwhelming.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Quote Originally Posted by adensdad View Post
    Thanks. I don't know how to use scripts but I'm sure I can look it up somewhere. Good to know that this feature is possible, even with a little extra work.
    If you start to learn scripting you should look into tango.zh. It's a header made by one of the ZC devs and would be very useful for this sort of thing.

Thread Information