Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%

New monitor shuts off after a few minutes of playing ZC

I then have to press escape to pause the game; then it comes back after a few seconds.

I also got a gamepad, which I'm using to play the game now; I was using the keyboard before. I wonder if because I'm not touching the keyboard or mouse, my monitor is going to sleep? Does anyone know of a way to make a gamepad keep the monitor awake?

edit: yeah, it was the gamepad! Moving the mouse woke my monitor up too...
    Last edited by ekolis; 01-21-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    I thought the random question asked who the final boss of Final Fantasy 1 was. No wonder that registration didn't take!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.91%
    Yeah, I really hate it when that happens while I'm playing a quest in ZC with a controller, whereas when you play it with the keyboard, you don't have that problem. As for a way to make the gamepad keep the monitor awake, I don't think that's possible.

OBEY GOVERNMENT GOD ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    I put some fixes in a long time ago to prevent screensaver and hibernate from activating on windows, however the catch is that "zc_win_proc_fix" had to be enabled and that ended up crashing on keyboard input for some computers.

It's currently a low-priority allegro bug; a fix might be merging with the allegro 4.4 branch, or maybe a hook in the joystick update--not entirely sure.

Best thing I can think of for now is increase the monitor delay by a few more minutes and just remember to nudge the mouse every now and again. If you have a laser mouse you can also get creative such as putting the subwoofer to touch the table; wrap the gamepad chord around the mouse chord once; whatever. ..Welcome to zc bug-fixing 101! :tongue2:
    "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" (British Royal Institute, 1906)
    "The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem" �Henry Ford
    "Dope Inc. - Britain Opium War Against The U.S." (LaRouche; Konstandinos Kalimtgis; David Goldman; Jeffrey Stienberg, 1978)
    "Fundamental Laws: A Report of the 68th Convocation of the Rose Cross Order" 1916
    "War is a Racket" �Major General Smedley Butler
    "The Secret Destiny of America" �Manly P. Hall
    "A Strategy for Israel in the Nineteen Eighties" Oded Yinon (English Translation)
    The WWI Conspiracy: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 "A New World Order"
    The War You Don't See
    Psywar

�The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating.� �Thomas Jefferson
    �It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system for, if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.� �Henry Ford
    �Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants.� �Benjamin Franklin

This post contains the official Gleeok� seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.92%
    Would it be possible to make that "zc_win_proc_fix" thing a user option so folks who don't get a crash can take advantage of it?
    I thought the random question asked who the final boss of Final Fantasy 1 was. No wonder that registration didn't take!

OBEY GOVERNMENT GOD ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    It's in the config file (ag.cfg).
    "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" (British Royal Institute, 1906)
    "The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem" �Henry Ford
    "Dope Inc. - Britain Opium War Against The U.S." (LaRouche; Konstandinos Kalimtgis; David Goldman; Jeffrey Stienberg, 1978)
    "Fundamental Laws: A Report of the 68th Convocation of the Rose Cross Order" 1916
    "War is a Racket" �Major General Smedley Butler
    "The Secret Destiny of America" �Manly P. Hall
    "A Strategy for Israel in the Nineteen Eighties" Oded Yinon (English Translation)
    The WWI Conspiracy: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 "A New World Order"
    The War You Don't See
    Psywar

�The modern theory of the perpetuation of debt has drenched the earth with blood, and crushed its inhabitants under burdens ever accumulating.� �Thomas Jefferson
    �It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system for, if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.� �Henry Ford
    �Man will ultimately be governed by God or by tyrants.� �Benjamin Franklin

This post contains the official Gleeok� seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Thread Information