0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.83%

Vertical Screen Transitions Jittery in ZC v2.50

Hi Everyone!

New user here, first post. I am experiencing an issue with ZC v2.50 where the scenery jitters when transitioning from screen to screen vertically. However, screen transitioning horizontally is perfectly smooth. The jittery scenery effect is present outdoors, and inside dungeons.

This is happening in v.2.50 on my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium machine, and on another machine running Windows XP Pro SP 2. Both machines have different display adapters.

I do not experience this effect at all with ZC v.2.10, but 2.10 won't run on Windows 7, which is my primary computer.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this, or if I am the only one, and if there is any know adjustment or fix for it.

Many thanks for your help, and thank you for making such a great game!!! :)

Mike

Los Angeles, CA

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.71%
    Welcome to AGN!

There is a quest rule under animation called 'Smooth Vertical Scrolling' that fixes this audiovisual issue, which I believe exists as a point of NES authenticity. If you are working on your own quest you can turn this rule on to fix the problem. Unfortunately, though, if you are playing the original game or the quests of another player then the setting of the quest rule is as they decided and little can be done on your end.

Thread Information