Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    30.95%

Help! Please!

I need help I am using windows 7 I tried downloading zc when I went into my downloads I just saw a bunch of files just saying "qst1" and std.zh and I dont understand that I just really wanna make a quest could someone help .

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%
    I'm going to take it for granted that you downloaded ZC from the Download link at the top of the forums. If you did not, use that link to download it again as you may have an older version and what I say may not apply.

Zelda Classic does not install like other programs, rather it has a local library that its executable files utilize. As such, when you download the game you should extract the contents of the Zip to a new folder and refrain from deleting anything in that folder.

You'll notice several executable files in the folder once you have extracted it. The one you want is ZLauncher. It has a yellow icon with a key on it. Copy that file and paste a shortcut somewhere more convenient for you, and then open it.
    A window will pop up with tabs along the top, reading "Zelda Classic", "ZQuest", "Set Color Scheme", and "Notepad". Set your preferences in the pull-downs as you please and then click "Launch ZC" (Bottom Left) or "Launch ZQ" (Bottom Right). You'll want to try opening them both before you get started on any real quest-making.
    On some operating systems there may be issues preventing the program from opening. For example, I run the program on XP and the player (ZC) will NOT run in full-screen. I do not know if Windows 7 has any issues, but if the program seems to just flicker and close itself, try changing the setting from full-screen to windowed (or vice-versa).

That should just about cover everything you need to know to start the program. Let us know if you're having other troubles, and welcome to AGN!

EDIT: You also might want to take a look at this, if only just the first post, as you will likely need to know how to play a custom quest if you intend to build one.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by WakaRanger View Post
    I need help I am using windows 7 I tried downloading zc when I went into my downloads I just saw a bunch of files just saying "qst1" and std.zh and I dont understand that I just really wanna make a quest could someone help .
    Did you get your answer?

Thread Information