User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ZC 2.5 Warp return issue. Can't seem to find answers.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.46%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    He should return to the Return Point for whatever warp he entered the NES Cave from.

A lot of people use actual screens for "guy rooms." There is more flexibility but each separate "cave" uses it's one screen instead of recycling the same screen.
    I may just start using screens for guy rooms... Because he is NOT returning to the Return Point of whatever he warp he enters. He returns to Warp Point A, no matter if I set the return point of B to B or C to C. I'll likely never ever need to have more than one item room on a screen at once, I just really wanted to have him pick up the sword in an item room on the start screen, but can't make him exit to the right warp point.

I even downloaded a remake of the original to I could see how they did it... They used a green stating position tile -_- and the cave was warp point A.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.04%
    Hmm You are right. I can't get a NES Cave to return to any point besides Warp Point A. Maybe it is a bug. @Saffith @Gleeok

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Hmm You are right. I can't get a NES Cave to return to any point besides Warp Point A. Maybe it is a bug. @Saffith @Gleeok
    This could be classified as a bug if in fact you did do as I said and make the TileWarp data set to B, and also set the warp type to Entrance/Exit on the cave screen.
    However, it's not a critical bug or something that isn't like the original LoZ, because there was always only one cave per screen, so therefor only needed one exit per screen.
    It would be a functionality bug for the Z3-esque aspect of ZC 2.5 as it is currently.

What you could do as a temporary workaround until Saffith or Gleeok look at this and see what they can do about it is switch around your warp tiles so that the cave screen is Warp Return A and the other alternate screen uses B. That way you won't encounter this problem.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.46%
    I ended up just starting on a different screen than the item room entrance and am now well in to creating my quest. Other than the first issue, I can't get over how easy this program is to use. So fun!

Thread Information