Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
I actually think it is a BAD idea to include cheat codes with your quest, especially if it's like a finihsed product. It gives people an easy way out, rather than enjoying your quest and testing to see how it really plays. I personally take all cheat codes out of my quests as soon as I humanly can, as I have been embarassed by people finding them randomly. If they can't play it normally then they have no idea of how it plays to any type of player.

-James
I disagree that including cheats is a bad idea. You make a VERY good argument about it being an easy way out, and that's the reason that kept me form putting in cheats in my quest in the first place. But, when I was updating my quest recently I thought of my struggle against King Dodongo in Hero of Dreams. That boss made me so mad, my rage against Thunderbird can't even compare to the intense fire that burned within me when I played against it. I finally beat King Dodongo...after dying about 50 times, and after about 100 bombs. Plus, my save file got corrupted in the middle of the 6th dungeon. So, if I wanted to actually beat Hero of Dreams(which is a really good quest), I would have to do beat King Dodongo again, and he's only the 4th boss in the game!(Although, the 5th boss wasn't nearly as hard) I would hate to put anyone in my personal King Dodongo situation who doesn't want to be in it, and that is why I would enable cheats.

Besides, if someone ruins the fun of a quest by using cheats, that's his/her fault for choosing poorly.

I'm not trying to be mean about this, I'm just trying to help people understand my point of view here, which I often find to be quite difficult.