User Tag List

Thread: I got a question. What is the Best Tileset on PureZC?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.46%

Question I got a question. What is the Best Tileset on PureZC?

What is the best Tileset on PureZC?

For Zelda Classic?

I want to have a really good Tileset.

So i can start making quests.

Also what is the best quest on PureZC?

I want a very fun quest to play.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    For your first question, there really isn't an answer. Each tileset has its advantages, charms, and shortcomings. Some can be very beautiful but you will spend hours constructing each screen. Others are plain, but quite easy to use.

I'm quite fond of the Classic tileset due to its flexibility (though I am in the process of altering the sprites), but the Pure tileset is a popular (if not overplayed) choice. For better palettes, consider Dance of Remembrance. If you're looking for a challenge, try the Color Game Boy Zelda (CGBZ) or Newfirst tilesets.

As for quests, that is DEFINITELY something that can't be answered with a sweeping statement. If I were to go simply by highest community rating, it would be Shoelace's The Hero of Dreams. There are of course other factors than rating, though, so your best bet would be to just download a few and try them.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    The thing about tilesets is that they're not static assemblies. They're basically just a "destination" where someone decided to stop exactly where it is, which resulted in the tileset in question. You can adapt any tileset to your own needs as you go.

I would also highly recommend the DoR 2.0 (Dance of Remembrance) tileset available from PureZC's Tileset Database. It's very, very detailed, and quite flexible. But again, you'll want to spend many minutes on each screen to make it look nice. There are things that you just can't get away with while using DoR as compared to using the Classic set. Square rooms are fine in Classic, for example, but if you use square, empty rooms in a fancy graphics pack, people will think you're not trying. But that's up to you. It really is. Do what makes you happy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    DoR is the best tileset in my opinion. Unfortunately the one I got isn't compatible with build 2.5 in the Link->Sprite category, but other than that it's golden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    For some readon when I try to go to Purezc my browser wants to say it cant find it. Im using chrome, if that matters. As I also need resources for my project.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    PureZC is currently experiencing domain issues. Your best bet is to do a Google search for "PureZC" and then go to the site with "www.celestialrealm.net" as the web address (that is the temporary host).

You can't bookmark it, though, because it's got some sort of redirect to the PureZC domain, and the bookmark will lead to that same DNS error. We don't have any fixes for that, because even though the sites are affiliated they are run by different people. Until they're able to deal with the source of the problem, you'll have to use a search engine as a workaround.

Thread Information