Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    72.27%

[5th Quest Entry] HeroOfFire

I'm back with a new 5th quest after the 4th quest went so well. I placed a little more focus on custom enemies this time, but most of them have high damage but roughly standard health, so the stronger enemies hurt, but are not tedious to kill. The custom bosses do not follow this logic, and will have more health to last longer.

This quest contains a single script design to "expand" on dungeon design, similar to how walk-through walls changed up the 2nd quest. The second room in level 2 is a demonstration of what the script does. It is not overused, it just adds another level of exploration to dungeon design.

Only one new item: the level 2 ladder, just like my proposed 4th quest.

One "new" feature, hidden in the overworld in a few locations.

Overall, about 2nd quest-level difficulty, if an early level seems hard, look for the White Sword and Blue Tunic. You can have the Magic Sword by Level 5 if you are really good at exploring everything.

Try it here:

5th Quest

Big Hint: Have you ever played or looked up BS Zelda? I use a certain secret several times, and even call it out at one point.
    Other Hint: The raft is optional, but allows access to something useful much earlier.
    Gameplay: Whistle Warps are the same, but you access locations based on the palette of levels completed, not the level number.
    Programmings my game because I program games.
    "Wait. You lost me at the part about the 'almost certain death'." - A quote I would love to make in an MMORPG.
    Disclaimer: Din's Fire does not make the user immune to the effects of lava. Do not use Din's Fire in mid-jump over a pool of lava. Death and severe burns will follow.

ZCG Current Version:
    Version 0.05
    For Mac Build 1076 Windows Build 1082

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.87%
    Since this quest doesn't seem to be getting enough love, its going to be the next one I focus on after I beat the two I'm working on right now. Ive already played a little bit, and the new dungeon feature you mentioned is neat. I encourage those who haven't tried it to give it a shot.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    Played through Level1. Didn't find a map or the dungeon item, and didn't feel like going back to just randomly bomb every wall. I wasn't too much a fan of the linearity of it.

I thought the number of pay for door repair rooms tipped off by the lake hint were douchey. sure there's a good secret there too, but 1/4 ?

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.23%
    The download doesn't work for me. Anyone else having similar issues?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    Went back and did the rest of level 1. Link doesn't lift the boomerang over his head.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.73%
    I found level 1, and I also missed the map and dungeon item. It was a rather tough level, I died a few times, but as you said, the white sword would help. Next time I play, I'll try looking around for the white sword or blue tunic, that should make it not so tough.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    level2 was a lot more enjoyable than level1. way better level design. less linear, and less unlogical bomb walls. the difficulty was WAY easier though - i do already have the blue ring and white sword though...

in level3 now, we'll see how this plays out.

edit: well, level3 was pretty easy too. what was the point of the extra rooms at the top, and bottom right of the map? just full of easy ropes? did i miss something? i wasted a lot of bombs, even with the map, trying to figure out the unmarked bombable walls.
    level 4 seems to be easy too.
    Last edited by justin1; 11-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    level5, there is a room with a blue bubble, red bubble, a couple like-likes, and a couple wizzrobes. killing the enemies gives you a key. the red bubble in the room takes away your items, but the blue bubble doesn't restore items. from the entrance screen its 3 right, and 4 up (inclusive).

this causes you to get stuck if you go left out of the room. as it leads to a one-way walkthru wall in a trap room. maybe the walls of the trap room are bombable, but i can't use my items so F6 for me.

edit: even better, there aren't any item restoring blue bubbles that i can find in the level. and it seems all the other red bubbles only do sword. also, fairies don't restore jinxes. reverting to my save...

edit2: there's another room with a red item bubble and no corresponding blue item bubble. same enemy group. its the room directly above the first one i mentioned. and if you leave there to the left, and go the only way that you're able to go, you enter a room with a gohma and the door closes behind you.
    Last edited by justin1; 11-28-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    level 6 really really easy
    level 7 wasn't hard either, found both items, the random heart container and the triforce really easily without even getting one key. found the compass after killing the boss. now i'm mostly walking around in circles trying to figure out where i haven't been yet in the level, i can see the map, know how i'm supposed to get there, but can't find the missing key for the door.

seems like the map is the hardest thing to get in every level.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.82%
    Voting is now open for this quest. Vote for as many categories as you please, but be sure to vote before tax day!

Also, please post in this thread stating which categories you selected and explaining why you picked those categories.

Thread Information