7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.73%
    I just started the quest. Finished level 1. So far, I like the pace of it. I hope people don't hate the maze paths too much, since I have a few of them in my quest.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.59%
    very good work wizard so far have beatin both lvl 1 and 2 looking for lvl 3 no idea where to look really lost

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.23%
    Quote Originally Posted by zcfan View Post
    very good work wizard so far have beatin both lvl 1 and 2 looking for lvl 3 no idea where to look really lost
    Spoiler: show
    Use the raft to reach level 3. Did you get the raft from level 2? There's an old man in level 2, near the boss, that gives a hint regarding the raft's location.

Question about level 4:

Is there anything significant beyond the second "grumble grumble" goriya (the first goriya guards the boss) ? On the far west side of the level, I only found a small key behind that second goriya, but I was kinda expecting the blue ring (or at least something worth guarding with that goriya). I think I've tried checking everything in that area, including bombing off-map walls. I'm now in level 7, still chugging along with only the green tunic.

Very fun quest so far.

EDIT:

Just finished the quest. Almost 7 hours to finish, 21 deaths; 13 of which were in level 5. Most of the dungeons were very fun to explore, and they had a similar feel to your 4th quest dungeons (which is great!). In the spoiler below are some quick end-of-game reactions; I'll post a more thorough review after I've had some time to think and absorb the quest.

I'm still curious about using the 2nd bait in level 4 (that I posted above...turns out the blue ring is in level 5). I never found the wand, so I'm guessing that's where it is?

I also never found the lion key, which made level 9 a bit interesting. Before entering the level I had 6 extra keys from excess rupees (throughout the quest, whenever I got to 255 rupees I would buy a key just so that the rupees wouldn't go to waste) and possibly an extra key from level 6 (not sure about that though). I was able to find the map, boss key, and the silver arrow through trial and error and just cruised to the end without the lion key, leaving a lot of locked doors unopened. I'm pretty sure that's not the intended way to beat the level, but knowing where you hid the silver arrow in the fourth quest, I didn't want to comb through the entire game just to get the lion key in case it wasn't in level 9; it was just easier to grind for the 120 rupees to buy an extra key.

I was surprised that Ganon only required 8 sword hits (I think it was 12 or 16 in the 4th quest?...not a plus or minus either way; that might be one of those minor details that the community/judges decide to edit onto whatever the winning quest is).

Last edited by bigboylink; 11-22-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    overworld screen 4E, the armos has a solid black undercombo, and its a cave walk down instead of stairs.
    overworld screen 28, is missing the zora.

also, are my eyes just playing tricks or is the overworld a different colour?

edit: seems like the bait has no action sprite. link appears to place it, but it doesn't show up.

finding this pretty difficult so far. just finished lvl2, with many deaths and losses of my shield.
    Last edited by justin1; 11-28-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.82%
    Voting is now open for this quest. Vote for as many categories as you please, but be sure to vote before tax day!

Also, please post in this thread stating which categories you selected and explaining why you picked those categories.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    I think the Blue Wizzrobes in Lv. 2 really have to go QuestWizard (maybe one can stay and you can bomb it out, but two or more is definitely too much). I got only 5 Hearts and they're relatively obnoxious to take out, especially with your "puzzle fighting" style. They are probably too rough to handle for most players.

Edit: This quest is just absurdly stupidly hard and to a degree extremely unfair. First Blue Wizzrobes, then you can't dodge Red Bubbles and have to kill Like-Likes and everything else? Give me a break. I'm into challenge quests, but this one's just wrong. I don't think many people in their right mind are beating this one, Gleeok included.

TONE IT DOWN!

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 12-22-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.24%
    Beat levels 1 and 2 (Lv 2 is a little tricky isn't it?). Looking for the blue ring (and LV3) now. Pretty fun so far. I think this one is better in a few ways than the 4th.

Minor complaints:
    * Early grinding for rupees. Maybe 90 for a shield isn't so bad I think.
    * As with the 4th Quest you lose some authenticity points with almost every room layout being unique. There's a few rooms that are too cluttered with traps also.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    onto lvl6. a couple bugs...

whistle warps after getting the 5th triforce bring me to the entrances of lvl6 and lvl8. i wasn't sent to either of these before when using the warps. i'm guessing the 5th triforce warp is setup wrong. as for the other one... i also get warped to lvl1, lvl3, lvl4. so probably lvl2 warp set wrong.

in lvl5. there was a dark room with stalfos2, one carries some bombs. if you don't collect the bombs they show up in the top left. i think you're supposed to place them on the screen as well as check the enemies carry item flag. also, i think its the room above, two lamolas and a few bomb gibdos - if you kill the lamolas, leave and reenter the room is cleared.

you should select link holds item over head for the items that aren't in item cellars - red candle, bait, potions, etc.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    6.04%
    keylocked in lvl6.

lvl7 - too easy

lvl8 - got stuck returning from the bosskey room. on the way back down in the room with 6 traps, the shutter door on the south wall won't open.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.49%
    Giving you a NC QW. I hate Level 2.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Thread Information