0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    I promised myself I'd tackle this quest next (having finished two so far).

Difficulty aside (it's not easy even getting to the sword): I found two typos ("FUTHER" in Level 9, "EXPENISVE" in a 10-Rupee cave) and got frozen when I stumbled into Level 6 early.

I'm not selecting 'Could Not Complete' yet, in case there's a newer version out there. I downloaded from the link from the OP. If no one shows me a 'newer' version, I'll have no choice.

Not a good start.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    I got the Triforce piece from Level 2, then went back to retrieve items. Got the bracelet, then tried to leave. 'Leaving' led me to an empty treasure room; I could not exit Level 2.

Also found a few more typing errors.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Was it deliberate that so many statements do not match their rooms? I got the message "I bet you'd like to have more bombs" when I found the location of the Magic Sword (which wasn't exactly hard to find).

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Got stuck in a Digdogger room in Level 3 without the whistle, with no way to leave. Also never found a Map for this level.

Never found the Compass in Level 4.

In a fairyless lake, the whistle shows a staircase but there's no way to get across the water to get to it, even with the Ladder. I suspect this is where the white sword is, as I never found it before getting the Magic Sword.

Level 6 is still one big bug (you must reset upon entering), and Level 8 has a room with 5 'Deathnuts', which cost me my first life (I had no potion when I entered). I can try that Level again, but the issue I've experienced (with Level 6 and otherwise) render this quest currently unplayable.

Sorry.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%
    The white sword is where a door repair was in the first/second quest. It was "fixed" .
    The map in Level 3 is southeast of the compass
    The compass in Level 4 is 2 screens south of the top
    You find the whistle in Level 3, that's why you get trapped in the Digdogger room

I'll fix typing mistakes last, but if the original game could misspell peninsula then I could misspell stuff too

It's unpassworded so you could open it up.

I'll work on fixing bugs

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by zcfan27330 View Post
    The white sword is where a door repair was in the first/second quest. It was "fixed" .
    The map in Level 3 is southeast of the compass
    The compass in Level 4 is 2 screens south of the top
    You find the whistle in Level 3, that's why you get trapped in the Digdogger room

I'll fix typing mistakes last, but if the original game could misspell peninsula then I could misspell stuff too

It's unpassworded so you could open it up.

I'll work on fixing bugs
    Thx for replying. I'll take a second crack at finding the white sword. (A bit moot, as I have the magic sword now. Still think it was too easy to 'find' the magic sword.)

I did find the whistle, but the fact that you can get 'screened in' the boss room with no means of escape is not good IMO. You should be able to walk away, coming back later with whistle in hand. (I had a similar issue with Level 2, stuck in a room with a shutter and a locked door without a key.)

Level 8 seems tough, but I can give it another go.

Until Level 6 is fixed, though, the quest is no-go.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    OK, I looked through your quest. For some reason, the Wizzrobes guarding the Map in Level 3 don't appear. This is why I never got the Map. Meanwhile, I couldn't find the Compass anywhere in Level 4.

I found out why it was so easy for me to get the Magic Sword: there are TWO of them. You left an unintentional one at the Quest 1 Level 6 entrance.

I thought I saw two possible entrances to Level 6 in your quest. The one in the graveyard doesn't work at all; perhaps it was an older version. The entrance along the bottom row of screens, you have Link start in screen 73 ... and this SHOULD be screen 74. This is what makes the game currently unable to be finished.

[EDIT: I see that when I leave Level 6 on my own accord, I end up in the graveyard. Would explain what I saw in the editor.]

(Level 8 is exceedingly difficult. I think there's too much in there. But this is just my opinion.)
    Last edited by Coyotek4; 12-30-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%
    I'll fix those problems and reupload and make level 8 a bit easier in about 36 hours.

and there were two copies on my hard drive which explains why the two magic sword locales I had one where Level 6 was and thought better of it, after I switched the .qst file.

I rushed through in creating this quest, to get an entry in by the deadline, and considering how it's my first quest for public some stupid mistakes show up

btw What did you think of the level locales? I tried to be inventive in selecting level locales, and I think I'm the only quest who changed up the 3 stair warp.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.2%
    Certainly a unique twist on the location of Level 9.

Overall, I like the locales. I saw the Level 4 trick once already (though not to get to a level). Levels 5 and 8's locations were done in the 3rd quest, I believe.

Not sure I like clues that refer to Door Repair charges from previous quests; I can only speak for myself, but I haven't exactly memorized those locations.

I find it very jarring that you mix-and-match 'guys' with text; it hurts the authenticity to the original, to say the least. (Some may get a kick out of it, to be fair.)

Octorok
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.41%
    I made some of the changes you suggested. The correct entrance to Level 6 is the graveyard. I made level 8 a bit easier took out some of the enemies.

I changed the magic sword where Level 6 was in the first quest to a more bomb room.

The level 4 cheat is DUKE#1 case sensitive.

I don't know why that map won't drop in level 3 and the compass won't drop in Level 4, I'll look into that later

Thread Information