User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For those that don't believe how bumping AGN used to be...

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.69%
    I agree with Mercy, maybe the forum needs to expand to support more then Zelda classic users. I can imagine we could have an area for specific games and other stuff. I think that might increase activity a little I don't know... Or maybe that its needs to be reborn as something else you know renamed and completely refocused on a wide scope of games and stuff.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.56%
    War Lord had once incorporated a auxilliary emphasis on classic gaming, going so far as to have a section where users could write up reviews of old games. It's probably a bit much to do this, but users could perhaps review games in special forum threads.

Frankly, as far as tabletop gaming, its something I could never get into. I do however know a few people myself who would be interested. If you incorporate it though, it shouldn't take greater prominence than video gaming. :/ AGN just really *needs* more video gaming going on.

How about a steam section or something?

How active is the facebook group? If I were to invite a few people to it, do you think that would work out?
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 01-29-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    You guys realize we could basically host online tabletop games via their own threads, right? Sure it's not the same as playing in person, but it's also fun in its own right.
    I was thinking along the lines of a sub-forum specifically for table-top game discussion. Treating those threads as random additions to any of the existing sub-forums would be discouraging when table-top gamers had to wade through non-related topics. I would even go so far as to push for a sub-forum for strategy/miniature war games and another for general table-top games of the board and card varieties as their players do not always cross over. Strategy games would be titles such as Dust, ST Attack Wing, SW X-Wing, War Hammer, and such. General table-top games could be anything from Settlers of Catan to Munchkin to Monopoly. With a name like Armageddon Games Network, it seems apropos that we include a place for war games.

After a quick proof-read, I realize I may have misinterpreted MSU's statement. Having threads that are game sessions (the digital version of chess-by-mail?) might work. Pondering logistics, I am already building a die result generator in my head, although I am not sure how much interest such threads would actually draw.

Meh, just brain-storming in text. I can always go back to boring everyone with more pictures of my potager efforts and cooking threads.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I for one really have absolutely no problem creating a new forum for something. There is a very bizarre philosophy constantly at work where the fewer forums you have, the more discussions tend to filter into them, making them "popular," but the more forums there are, the more reminders there are of what possible discussions that could be happening, despite that those individual forums won't contain as many threads. That's fine by me, really. It's very organizational.

So if anyone is really against having a ton of categories containing a ton of forums, but each one of them doesn't have nearly as much to discuss within it, well, I suppose there's some sort of political party for that now and then here. :p

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%
    Would it hurt to add more? I doubt it. We had a shit ton before.

Serious question here: what exactly was the point of the Order of the Phoenix and Church of Eckels sub-forums? I never understood those two in particular.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.21%
    Forums just have a tendency to get pruned during long periods of inactivity; you're probably right about it being an organizational thing ST, as well as to decrease clutter and keep the forum tree size relative to active members I suppose.

I see no reason why we couldn't create new ones though. If someone wants to come up with a name and volunteer to moderate it.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.19%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Serious question here: what exactly was the point of the Order of the Phoenix and Church of Eckels sub-forums? I never understood those two in particular.
    OotP was an attempt to give the troublemakers their own forum to "rule" and stop trashing up the rest of AGN with petty, attention-whoring crap. Church of Eckels was a concession to keeping Eckels around the forums. And 'cause all the cool kids lubbed our Eckels.

I or K. would be willing to moderate the table-top forums if we go that route.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.35%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    We really need to make that happen. I mean we really, really do just need to get together with one another and decide on what we'd like to do. Any and all ideas, just toss 'em out there. I think I'll start a new thread.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%
    Just name it "The Tabletop". Or if the rules state that it must be a zinger, name it something like "New Game+" or something.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.19%
    I still think, based on personal experience with various genres of table-top gamers, two sub-forums for said games would be most amiable. Possibly a third for creative aspects if the traffic warrants it but that bridge is not even on the map yet.

I like Analogue Games as a title for general board games. ("Games to play when the electricity goes out." as the descriptor, maybe?) Something like Kriegspiele or Kriegtisch (war-games and war-table, respectively) sound feisty enough for the miniature general types. Heh, or Miniature Generals*, even. Table-top Warriors? ("Bring your die and thin your paints." for descriptor? If you don't get the references, I envy you)

I am actually waiting for Kendachi to get home from AD&D night to pick his brain for suggestions. The only table-top game I have been playing lately is Arkham Horror but he and his gaming group play quite a few.

*this would probably get me some stern words and dirty looks at home but it makes me snicker so I'm leaving it.

Thread Information