0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%

Porting ZC engine please

Hi

Really excellent work ... so impressive to see this engine and all these mods on my PC :)
    Thanks a lot for the hard work ...

For my part i really love playing console games on my TV :p
    And to do that, i play all emulators and homebrew on my xbox 1 ... on my TV with 4 controlers ... the perfect console and arcade Museum :)

With my team we port many title on xBox to complete the collection of old style games.
    Street Fighter Revenge, OpenBOR, ScummVM, Zelda Time of Triumph, Zelda ROTH, Zelda OLB, Super Mario War, Secret Mario Chronicles, etc ....

If the program don't use OpenGL it is possible to port it to xBox
    And the bonus, if the game works fine on xbox, it works fine too on xBox 360 :p

Have you think to share your source code one day to help guys like us to port your game on other systems ?
    Maybe some other can port it to Wii ? or PS3 ? ....

Please respond me, i'm really a great fan of Zelda, and if we can port your game to xBox 1 we will be very happy
    We can take your source code secret if it is a problem for you ?

Thanks
    Bye

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    Quote Originally Posted by darknior View Post
    Hi

Stuff...
    This has been discussed many times before. You can try googling the other threads but the problem with porting ZC boils down to one thing: Allegro 4. ZC is VERY dependent on Allegro and unless it is first ported then you can't port ZC.

As far as the source code, the only hold up on that is the new site. I wish I had news on when it will be ready but I don't.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    This has been discussed many times before. You can try googling the other threads but the problem with porting ZC boils down to one thing: Allegro 4. ZC is VERY dependent on Allegro and unless it is first ported then you can't port ZC.

As far as the source code, the only hold up on that is the new site. I wish I had news on when it will be ready but I don't.
    Thanks for your answer :)

I have ask to an eavy xbox team coder to come here with me to speak with you :p
    He write me that Algro as not been ported to xbox for the moment. But they already port SDL.
    And there are some SDL to Alegro wraper around the web : http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.p...01377b445ffc0b
    Maybe it can help to do the trick ?
    What do you think ?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Scuse me for the multiple response, i don't see the warning before
    Maybe you must write it in red ? :p

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.97%
    He write me that Algro as not been ported to xbox for the moment. But they already port SDL.
    And there are some SDL to Alegro wraper around the web : http://forums.libsdl.org/viewtopic.p...01377b445ffc0b
    Maybe it can help to do the trick ?
    What do you think ?
    @AlexMax was looking into something like that. Maybe you can get in contact with him.

Scuse me for the multiple response, i don't see the warning before
    Maybe you must write it in red ? :p
    I didn't send you a warning. Multiple posts aren't terrible. Just realize that new member posts can require approval before they become visible.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Hi guys! I'm a coder of the Xbox scene, and my friend darknior talked me about your awesome ZC project. It's amazing! Thanks for this awesome work (and thanks to darknior for ponting to this)!!

As darknior said, we know that there are lots of Xbox users that would love to play ZC, so a port would be marvelous. We don't have Allegro support, but we have SDL, so the idea of creating a wrapper SDL-Allegro came to our minds. After googling a bit, we discovered that other people made this kind of wrappers before, so it would not be needed to make it from scratch. Darknior posted here a link of one very simple wrapper made in a SDL project (this would not be usefull, as I have read that ZC relais heavily in Allegro, and this wrapper only gives us the most basic functionality), but I found some other better ones. For example, there is a fork of the Adventure Game Studio that used a more complete SDL-Allegro wrapper ( https://github.com/sonneveld/ags/tree/sdlwrap ) and maybe we could try to use one of them.

If this works, we could have a port of ZC in Xbox... and also it would open the door to port it to other plattforms that don't have Allegro but do have SDL!

I guess that we must try to study what Allegro functions are used in ZC, to see whether any of these wrappers has all that functionality or not. But first of all, I think that I must ask this: is the source code of ZC available, and are we able to try to do a port to another plattform? Or is it closed source? If it is open source and it is not an inconvenience for you, maybe we can try to study this, to see if a SDL port is possible or not...

Anyways, thanks and congratulations for your project! :)

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.04%
    Worst part about ZC going open source if and when it does--lightning z gets the source.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    Worst part about ZC going open source if and when it does--lightning z gets the source.
    Sorry, I didn't want to "push" you to make it open source... I was only asking the license that you use nowadays, because when darknior asked me about the possibility of a port, I thought that your project was open source and I was a dumb for not being able to find the sources

If you decide to not go to open source, of course is your decission and everybody must respect it. Anyways, your project is awesome and I hope that you continue with it! :)

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Yes @ctrl-alt-delete ... it is just a question we ask, because @SUCCESSOR don't say no to maybe share the source after he complete the new site.

I think it can only be good for you, because more systems can play your engine, more users will use it and play games ... and maybe make some new too
    I don't know if it will finaly possible to port it to xBox, but if it is, it can also maybe help you with some memory or video optimisation on xBox that can be used on PC.
    Open Source for these project is the future ...
    It help project to live longer and better

It is what i think, and why i always try to help when i can, all the open source project i use like : RoundCube, CKE Plugins, and many other project over Github ...
    Sorry for ZC but i'm only a web developper for the moment
    @AlexMax is also trying to port ZC on an other hardware ?

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.7%
    Woaw ...
    I'm really angry with messages that @hfc just received

http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewto...p?f=187&t=3398

We are not here to still anything, we are here to port an engine to an other system like we already do for many others ...
    Nothing to steel !!!! Only making possible to new guys to play your games!

I really wish one day you share your source and mail it to me if you want some good guys port it to xBox.
    If you don't want it is your right, it is your game, not any problem with that.

Thread Information