User Tag List

Thread: So uh, 5 or so quests I can't not play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    2.98%

So uh, 5 or so quests I can't not play?

So, I've been off ZC for a while.
    I spent an hour or so dicking through old posts I've made (its really, REALLY weird to see stuff you were doing on the internet more than a decade ago, but for the life of me I can't find the shitty tileset I made) and then dicking through a lot of new ones.

It sounds pretty clear to me we've got single scrolling screens down probably, and side-view. (videos I saw of that are just BEAUTIFUL!)

So, rather than ask a hundred thousand questions, I'd much, much rather see some of these huge advances since 2.1 and prior in action, especially scripting/custom bosses/sidescrolling/and single-screen scrolling.
    It's amazing to see how spectacular this engine has become over the years.

Can someone pop me some links must-play quests that'd showcase this stuff, and ease me back into what I've missed?

EDIT:
    Or even one. I'm gonna take a harder look, but most of the highest rated, etc quests on pureZC and ZC.com are 1.8x-2.10, just by nature of them ratin' systems.... And of course, I know some of them are great, having played them, back in the day. Back to diggin', but I hope someone's got some gem I've not seen pop up yet.

EDIT again:
    I found one 2.5 quest so far, on pureZC, Gleok's GRIKARUGUN which looks amazing. Maybe I'm confused, and 1.9 was the first version with scripting/heavy customization?
    I'm confused.
    But I'd still really like to see custom scripted bosses and sidescrolling in a quest setting :)
    Last edited by punkonjunk1024; 10-11-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Hey, eat this snail quick

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    http://sdrv.ms/1aArCRG
    There's a link to the unpassworded zim.qst that has the scrolling capabilities, various leveling routines, skateboard, missile launcher, etc...
    There is really only one playable level and it's got a game breaking bug in the first stretch of the dungeon.

This quest file, when opened in ZQ, does all the collision and everything else automatically, and one can make custom one screen scrolling sections of map, or a whole map, the same as a user would without scrolling, just by putting solid combos on the screen.

WARNING: Must have a fast pc that's not bogged up with other programs to use this to it's fullest. Should run at at least 50+ fps the whole time, and can, with newer up to date eq.

Thread Information