User Tag List

Thread: So uh, 5 or so quests I can't not play?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.58%

So uh, 5 or so quests I can't not play?

So, I've been off ZC for a while.
    I spent an hour or so dicking through old posts I've made (its really, REALLY weird to see stuff you were doing on the internet more than a decade ago, but for the life of me I can't find the shitty tileset I made) and then dicking through a lot of new ones.

It sounds pretty clear to me we've got single scrolling screens down probably, and side-view. (videos I saw of that are just BEAUTIFUL!)

So, rather than ask a hundred thousand questions, I'd much, much rather see some of these huge advances since 2.1 and prior in action, especially scripting/custom bosses/sidescrolling/and single-screen scrolling.
    It's amazing to see how spectacular this engine has become over the years.

Can someone pop me some links must-play quests that'd showcase this stuff, and ease me back into what I've missed?

EDIT:
    Or even one. I'm gonna take a harder look, but most of the highest rated, etc quests on pureZC and ZC.com are 1.8x-2.10, just by nature of them ratin' systems.... And of course, I know some of them are great, having played them, back in the day. Back to diggin', but I hope someone's got some gem I've not seen pop up yet.

EDIT again:
    I found one 2.5 quest so far, on pureZC, Gleok's GRIKARUGUN which looks amazing. Maybe I'm confused, and 1.9 was the first version with scripting/heavy customization?
    I'm confused.
    But I'd still really like to see custom scripted bosses and sidescrolling in a quest setting :)
    Last edited by punkonjunk1024; 10-11-2013 at 12:14 AM.
    Hey, eat this snail quick

Thread Information