0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.97%
    what the fuck? I just literally found out about this and wow...first time in a while since I've cried that hard. He was one of the first few people that I really interacted with on here back in the day and found out I got along with him decently well. We talked somewhat often on AIM, and sometimes on TS about various stuff. From there he happened to get me into Final Fantasy, emulation...and even when I helped cause trouble with him and got kicked out from here a few times, he gave advice with running a community while we worked on that hyrule fantasy stuff. Now to some it may not seem like much, but it gave me a passion for interacting and even running communities (which I still do to this day). Yeah we turned from friends to enemies, but it turned back to friends again after time.

He was one of my friends that helped me while I was still getting around on the internet and was a influence on my life. I will really miss him. It's a shame that I will never be able to tell him that in this lifetime ._.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.69%
    I don't know who is Glenn the Great, but I feel sorry for him that he is passed away. I wish I get know him very well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.7%
    I... I don't even know what to say. Yeah, I know he could be a real asshole, but in my younger days, I really looked up to the guy. I should have replied earlier, but I guess part of me wanted to believe that I had just imagined the whole thing. I hate to admit it, but I think this is the first time a death I found out about online has really gotten to me. Yeah, when you're part of online forums, when you interact with dozens of people, death is sure to come up, but then again, often there are so many people that are part of a community that it's hard to connect to any one of them. Not saying that Glenn and I were BFFs or anything, but he had such a strong personality that he stood out from the crowd in my mind. Well, I guess I don't have much else to add, other than that wherever he is now, in whatever state he is, assuming some part of him still exists, I would like for him to know that despite everything, plenty of people cared about him, and plenty of people miss him now.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information