Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    My first sentiments tend to echo Jeanine Pirro.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%
    Chemical weapons are bad, m'kay, but at the same time, I'm not too keen on supporting terrorists, either. I hate to say it, but at the end of the day, I'd rather back Assad than the rebels. Cruel dictator or not, he's not driven by the same religious zealotry that the rebels are. He simply wants to retain his power over his country. Have we not learned our lesson or something? I don't know why we keep taking stances that help Al Qaeda. Though really, the only stance we should be taking on anything regarding the Middle East is no stance, but if we're gonna choose sides, I think we should at least side against the people who caused 9/11.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.21%
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Chemical weapons are bad, m'kay, but at the same time, I'm not too keen on supporting terrorists, either. I hate to say it, but at the end of the day, I'd rather back Assad than the rebels. Cruel dictator or not, he's not driven by the same religious zealotry that the rebels are. He simply wants to retain his power over his country. Have we not learned our lesson or something? I don't know why we keep taking stances that help Al Qaeda. Though really, the only stance we should be taking on anything regarding the Middle East is no stance, but if we're gonna choose sides, I think we should at least side against the people who caused 9/11.
    So you are saying we should put our support behind the lesser evil? Because that has never failed. Not to Godwin the whole discussion but there was another militaristic dictator who was simply trying to retain his power but of course el-Assad is no Stalin. In the end, it is the nations run by religious nuts from which we have the most to fear. Something, something, religious fundamentalist Chinese and their silly religious fervor.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    18.27%
    Well, if one has to take sides, I'd say take the lesser of two evils. The problem from my perspective is that both sides are evil. This is why I'd rather we not be involved in the first place. It seems to me that too many people think that whenever there's a conflict, there's a "right" side and a "wrong" side. From the evidence I've seen, though, this is a struggle between a fascist dictator and a bunch of religious fanatics. How do you choose which side to support in that situation?
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Thread Information