Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.82%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Aquamentus View Post
    The Zelda from the original NES game was not a true Zelda. She bore the name by law only, and kept the Triforce of Wisdom but could not wield it. Even she could see the danger in letting Ganon get it though, as he *could* wield it (and Link too presumably - Spells,anyone?) So she broke it apart. There couldn't be a new "true" Zelda because technically, she's still alive up in the North Palace. That's why Impa flips her shit when Link shows her his crest.
    Interesting. I've never thought of it like that, but I suppose you're right.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    Just to clear things up, Zelda of the original game inherited the Triforce of Wisdom as all the wiser Hyrulean nobility did, though simply could not wield its power. Although if you look hard enough there *may* be others, those who can wield it would typically be Link, Ganon, and the real Zelda. Ganon has had difficulty in claiming the full Triforce as it seperates in his hands in Ocarina, but he can still gather up the rest of it.

For reasons related to Skyward Sword though, Hyrule desperately needed its true Zelda back, as well as possibly the reassembled Triforce.

However, up until the backstory of Zelda II, yes Hyrule was actually doing very very well. When A Link Between Worlds rolls out, we'll see how bad things get with it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.87%
    Just think of Hyrule exactly like one might think about Balboa or some other explorer planting flags on "Newly Discovered" territory, digitally, and fan fictionally, and there you have it.
    I remember an "Official" Nintendo of America magazine describing this phenomena as "He's not really the same person as the other game(s), Link (the Hero of Time, now) isn't the same Link as previous games.
    This part would be speculation, but I believe it'd be a safe thing to say to state that the same goes for Hylia itself.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Just think of Hyrule exactly like one might think about Balboa or some other explorer planting flags on "Newly Discovered" territory, digitally, and fan fictionally, and there you have it.
    I remember an "Official" Nintendo of America magazine describing this phenomena as "He's not really the same person as the other game(s), Link (the Hero of Time, now) isn't the same Link as previous games.
    This part would be speculation, but I believe it'd be a safe thing to say to state that the same goes for Hylia itself.
    No, they're not the same. But each one has that same connection.

Thread Information