150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    I think the purple rupee is the small wallet, which limits your total to 255. Either that, or it might be a bug.

After much toil and a lot (LOT) of luck, I managed to acquire the Letter. Let's see if I can finish Dungeon 5.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.33%
    The Flashing Rupee is the Large Wallet and boosts your money to 999. Screen north of old Power Bracelet in the 1st Quest, move an Armos.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    I think the purple rupee is the small wallet, which limits your total to 255. Either that, or it might be a bug.

After much toil and a lot (LOT) of luck, I managed to acquire the Letter. Let's see if I can finish Dungeon 5.
    I found level 5 too difficult, so after getting the bow went into level six for the upgraded power bracelet... Got the extra heart container next to level 8... then got the level 3 sword... Now level 5s easier.

My copy of the windwaker hd has also arrived, so doubt I'm gonna have time to finish this quest... but thanks for all your help guys.
    Last edited by Joki81; 10-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.33%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joki81 View Post
    I found level 5 too difficult, so after getting the bow went into level six for the upgraded power bracelet... then got the level 3 sword... Now level 5s easier.

My copy of the windwaker hd has also arrived, so doubt I'm gonna have time to finish this quest... but thanks for all your help guys.
    Well, as you might have guessed by now, Level 5 is a test. If you are playing all the Z1 quests made by either AGN or Nintendo, by the time you get to Level 5 you should know a bit about challenge running Zelda quests by the time you get there. The enemy sets are for the most part familiar as I took them out of Level 8 of the First Quest, with a few new wrinkles among other things. It's kind of where I start to separate the "men from the boys."

Level 1, show we have an enemy editor
    Level 2, do you remember how to play Level 7 of the First Quest and Level 8 of the Second Quest, with far fewer Hearts
    Level 3, once again featuring the enemy editor, bringing out powered versions of Zols and Keese.
    Level 4, try to be a little more creative here, as 2 had the old Goriya feels.
    Level 5, I'm not fucking around. We're going to find out if you're good now and can earn the right to see newer enemies and things.

Joki81, nice one. I didn't think of pulling that one in tests, as I'm perfectly able to kill Blue Darknuts easily with the White Sword. With the Magic Sword it should be relatively trivial to kill Level 5 as the Blue Darknuts should drop more life than you lose. Keep playing, I wish you luck. Kudos. I see someone has played the Second Quest and remembers the Ladder break-in trick.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    It's kind of where I start to separate the "men from the boys."
    Well guess what! I passed your little test! : P

Found Level 6, going to try and get the item quick so I can fetch the Magic Sword (since the batrobe was a nightmare). ...I suppose I should also actually LOOK for the Magic Sword.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.24%
    Can someone lead me in the direction of level 2. I can't finish level 5 & 6 without the whistle. Since I haven't been to level 2 I'm assuming the whistle is there.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%
    Quote Originally Posted by sctmorgan View Post
    Can someone lead me in the direction of level 2. I can't finish level 5 & 6 without the whistle. Since I haven't been to level 2 I'm assuming the whistle is there.
    Check where level 8 was in the 1st quest.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    97.24%
    Quote Originally Posted by Joki81 View Post
    Check where level 8 was in the 1st quest.
    hmmmm...Can't remember where level 8 was in the 1st quest. It's been a while and I've played other quests since then.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.36%
    Quote Originally Posted by sctmorgan View Post
    hmmmm...Can't remember where level 8 was in the 1st quest. It's been a while and I've played other quests since then.
    From the start in the over world, go 4 screens east, 1 screen north, and 2 screens east. Thats level 8 from quest 1.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.41%
    Whistle is in level 4, in the lower right leg of the 'x'.

Level 2 is in the green forest east of start. You need to stab a bush to reveal the entrance. It's sort of sticking out, blocking a path as it is... it's also geographically close to the 1st quest's level 2 entrance (One screen east and a few screens south).

Thread Information