150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    Voting is now open for this quest. Vote for as many categories as you please, but be sure to vote before tax day!

Also, please post in this thread stating which categories you selected and explaining why you picked those categories.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.17%
    http://youtu.be/qm3M7AeWzPk

For those having trouble pulling the Letter without the Magic Sword, I won't mention any names CJC and justin1

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    Playing through this quest now (as I got stuck on Scootaloo's quest in Level 7).

The "It's a Secret ..." message is missing in one of the Rupee rooms. Specifically,
    Spoiler: show
    in the 1st quest entrance to Level 6..

In Level 5, it's possible to get stuck in a room with no means of escape. I don't like when that can happen.

In Level 7,
    after you buy the Magic Boomerang, the Gorriya continues to offer to sell it to you.

Found all 5 OVW HCs, blue ring, magic sword, still trying to figure out how to get through all of Level 7.

Not sure if there is a Gold Candle, but I haven't seen one yet. Also no sign of money-draining Like-Likes. Finally, not sure where Level 9 is, though I have a hunch.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    7 must be my unlucky number: for the 2nd straight quest, I'm completely stymied as to how to complete Level 7.

Tried bombing every conceivable wall, blew the whistle everywhere, pushed on blocks and walls ... nothing works.

Here's what I do have so far:

Magic Boomerang, Silver Arrows, Map, Compass, Boss Key. Went through the top two rows of rooms, and the entire right-hand column.

I see a passageway near the entrance, but a row of blocks stops me from going that way. Nothing seems to work in that room.

I could use a hint here.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.17%
    Look for little targets on the walls, I think Silver Arrows agree with them very much.....

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    Jeez, that's subtle. Well, can't argue with that. (Will finish the Level, and possibly the quest, tomorrow.)

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    You might want to change the graphic to an eyeball instead of a dot to make the puzzle more obvious. I originally thought it was a projectile error on the wall.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    OK then, finished this quest. Time for my thoughts.

This is only the 6th quest I've completed (still haven't finished the one by Scootaloo), but this is either #1 or #2 for me at this point. (I very much like the one by HeroOfFire as well.)

I love the opening sequence; I would do that myself, given the time to create a quest. The silver Darknuts are deceptively evil, and are on my short list of best new Enemies. The homage to the First Quest at the end is very well done as well.

As for drawbacks:

I think too many of these dungeons are far too linear. I also think there's a lack of creativity with how some levels were stacked with enemies. In particular: nearly every room of Level 7 has the same enemies. Need some more variety there.

Some of the 'new' items, I feel, went to waste. In particular, I would love to have seen more usage out of the new candle. I didn't bother traversing the overworld with it, as I already had everything I needed before Level 9 by then. (In contrast, I like how you needed the new bracelet for some important items.)

Ditto the one 'slow' room at the end. Why not introduce that earlier and get more out of it.

I'm not a fan of having to defeat mini-bosses over and over (the red ones, in this quest). Personal taste, perhaps.

I don't care for how to get into Level 2. Again, personal taste.

Still have no idea as to the significance of the 255-rupee clue, and at that cost, I think more is needed.

What was the deal with the cash items in Level 8? (For that matter, what's the deal with seeing "NO" everywhere?)

All that said, a fun and imaginative quest all around. One of my early favorites for 'official' status. Kudos!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.17%
    The cash items were put in there to add some more flavor and in a way a miniquest so you wouldn't have to grind 999 Rupees for the Magic Boomerang.

The slow room is something I took out of New Quest 2; however, I have heard complaints about it before out of PZC people in particular, so I saved it for later. I could've used it more probably.

Oh well on Lv. 7's enemies. Part of the idea of keeping the enemies the same was to show them off in more particular detail: Guess you didn't like it so much.

Thanks for playing, and if you have any Let's Play videos or anything, write me on http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames

Thanks.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The cash items were put in there to add some more flavor and in a way a miniquest so you wouldn't have to grind 999 Rupees for the Magic Boomerang.
    I believe you are aware that, upon leaving a Dungeon Level, the OVW resets.

I just perched myself outside the level at the grave, did the once-around each time for roughly 100 rupees, lather-rinse-repeated myself to 999.

Thread Information