Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    It's a whoops, but not as severe as you think. I accidentally used a Vertical push flag instead of a four-way. You need to push up on a certain stone to get it to move. I'll fix it as soon as I can.
    Let me know when you release the new version.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    It's ready. I did a quick run-through of the remaining dungeons in ZQuest with flags visible and that's the only error I saw.

I was having a little trouble with the sharing options on Google Drive. It's fixed now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    Lv. 7, boss door, no way to get in. Am I missing something, did you forget a Whistle->Stairs on the screen north, or am I missing a Lv. 2 Bracelet to push statues that I missed somewhere?

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Lv. 7, boss door, no way to get in. Am I missing something, did you forget a Whistle->Stairs on the screen north, or am I missing a Lv. 2 Bracelet to push statues that I missed somewhere?

-James
    Make sure you're not standing on the ladder when you use the whistle. The trigger flags are all over the floor, but I couldn't place them on the water (because the water has the secret flags attached). I tried disabling the ladder on this screen with the 'Toggle Ladder' screenflag, but it seems to have no effect.
    I could make a separate 'whistle water' combo that has the whistle flag inherited... that might resolve the issue. Just keep trying the whistle in that room (preferably while NOT on the ladder) until the water drains out.

EDIT: I've updated the file with a second 'water' combo that has the Whistle Trigger flag inherent upon it. This I used to replace the water in the three Whistle->Drain rooms the quest has. I tested it on the ladder and on the floor a few times and it's working for me. Let me know if you're still experiencing problems.
    Last edited by CJC; 09-01-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    That wasn't the bug I was reporting, it was the screen north of the boss door entrance to Lv. 7, where I THINK there should be a 2nd entrance to Lv. 7, but it's not showing up (on the East Ocean).

The screen with the Heart Container leads to a boss door with no way to open it.

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    That wasn't the bug I was reporting, it was the screen north of the boss door entrance to Lv. 7, where I THINK there should be a 2nd entrance to Lv. 7, but it's not showing up (on the East Ocean).

The screen with the Heart Container leads to a boss door with no way to open it.

-James
    Oh, so you missed the other entrance to Level 7, that's what happened. Go one screen south and use your lens. You'll find a peculiar bomb wall on that screen. You're going to want to use your lens repeatedly in this dungeon. When you encounter perma-jinx bubbles, turn back until you've found the amulet. Also... passageways may not lead back to the place they originated from...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    I don't have the Lens yet, but I found it anyway. Where is the Lens anyway?

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    I don't have the Lens yet, but I found it anyway. Where is the Lens anyway?

-James
    Dungeon 5, Whistle Entrance. Bomb the north wall in the second room, feed the goriya, go east one room, kill the armos statues like likes and the Fokka, and burn a bush next to one of them. ...Maybe some of the bushes should be recolored to make it more obvious.

EDIT: Didn't recolor the bush, but I did move the item drop so that it's not a red herring anymore. Also, I added one of the rooms to the dmap so that players know to start exploring in that direction.
    Last edited by CJC; 09-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.29%
    Well CJC, I don't know if I'll be a judge yet, but here's how I'd rate your quest with a few quckies:

Difficulty: 93/100, lose the Gold Darknut in 3. Too powerful.

Fun Factor: 85/100, don't like playing safe cracker too much, please do something about that. Otherwise, fun.

NES authenticity: 0/100. It's a good quest, it's fun, but it's "a custom quest using the Zelda 1 OW that doesn't meet the design specs." You should turn this into a different tileset or even Demo and release it under a new name, like "TLoZ: The Final Frontier." The quest is good and I think people will enjoy it.

Overall score: 59.3/100 (you know why)

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    Thank you Nightmare for playing through to the bitter end. I know it's an unorthodox entry for the contest, and I'm glad you were willing to put that aside for the sake of saving Zelda.

Informal Poll
    Nightmare has expressed distaste for the Bombchus. Who else dislikes their presence in the quest? Would replacing them with an alternative kind of Peahat be an acceptable alternative?

Thread Information