Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    About the rules: I just saw an additional quest rule that was on in the proposed 3rd quest - "Draining rupees can still be spent". Do we have to leave it on or not?

Also:

I think there is a typo here - "blocked" should be "bumped"!
    Quest rules
    The following rules may be turned on or off at the quest designers discretion:
    "Fast Dungeon Scrolling", "Smooth Vertical Scrolling", "FFC Are Visible While Screen Is Scrolling", "Use Warp Return Points Only", "Invincible Link flickers", "Warps Ignore Arrival X/Y Position When Setting Continue Screen", "Can't push blocks into unwalkable combos", "Push blocks don't move when blocked", "Damage Combos Work On Layers", "Combo cycling on layers", "Scrolling warps don't set the continue point", "Rings affect damage combos", "Multi-directional traps", "Fast Heart refill".

The following rules must be ENABLED: "Items Disappear during hold-up".
    All other quest rules must be DISABLED.

Spending rupees that are already spent, then, must be left the way it is. You could always make other intricacies in a submission that make it so this fact is completely irrelevant though, anyway.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    Nice. I'm game. Gonna start planning where dungeons and stuff will be . One question. Does Dungeon 9 have any specific limitations on where it can/should be placed?
    Just that it has to be accessible only after the other 8 triforce pieces are collected, other than that, it must be placed in a place that the player can/could find it somehow without having to use cheats, scripting, or other hacks.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    About the rules: I just saw an additional quest rule that was on in the proposed 3rd quest - "Draining rupees can still be spent". Do we have to leave it on or not?
    I am going to go ahead and say this one is up to the quest maker. This rule wasn't present when 3rd or 4th were made and using draining rupees was never determined to be possible in Z1 so it can't very well be considered "un-NES." I don't think it being on or off matters much in the end.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    It is possible in Z1. If you buy arrows and walk over the bombs, you can grab the bombs, too.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Miller View Post
    It is possible in Z1. If you buy arrows and walk over the bombs, you can grab the bombs, too.
    Link holds up the item and the others disappear but you are somehow able to grab the bombs?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I am going to go ahead and say this one is up to the quest maker. This rule wasn't present when 3rd or 4th were made and using draining rupees was never determined to be possible in Z1 so it can't very well be considered "un-NES." I don't think it being on or off matters much in the end.
    I would concur, and this was my initial thoughts, (similar, anyway), on this topic also, I just didn't want to step on my senior staff member's toes, taze him while he's stunned, and then throw him into a vortex of usurption.

Link holds up the item and the others disappear but you are somehow able to grab the bombs?
    Yeah.. This is going off topic alert... But anyway, you just leave the room and come back really quick.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    That trick works great when you buy the blue ring!

(Maybe if you want it too do that?)
    Last edited by Gleeok; 08-28-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    This isn't off topic as it relates to a rule of 5th quest and even if it werent that isn't good reason to delete posts.

I've heard many people claim it is possible but no proof. I don't for a second believe with the rate rupees drain that you can purchase something, wait as link holds the item, leave and re-enter, wait while the string is displayed, and still have time to grab another item. Maybe with the purchase of the blue ring but then you have an armos to contend with.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.73%
    This isn't off topic as it relates to a rule of 5th quest and even if it werent that isn't good reason to delete posts.

I've heard many people claim it is possible but no proof. I don't for a second believe with the rate rupees drain that you can purchase something, wait as link holds the item, leave and re-enter, wait while the string is displayed, and still have time to grab another item. Maybe with the purchase of the blue ring but then you have an armos to contend with.
    I don't remember exactly what room it was since this was over a decade ago, but I did successfully take advantage of this "bug." It does work..
    I don't see how this has anything to do with the 5th quest topic because Gleeok already stated, clearly, in plain English, which rules are acceptable, which rules are changable, and which rules are to be disabled.
    Mainly because other people who would like to know about 5th quest submission rules aren't going to need to hear about whether or not some kid ran in and out of a room.. In fact, I would personally leave it the way it was, and not tell anyone, and if/when some child in the future gets a chance to play a quest of ours, it'll be up to them to use their wits and try it out if they notice that the rupee counter doesn't instantly deduct, and try it themselves, without us indicating over and over again that it's possible or not.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    Oops, I meant the bombs, and then the arrows. Hunger is messing with my head.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Thread Information