Quote Originally Posted by Dart Zaidyer View Post
Hang on, when this contest started the deadline was November 5th.

I'm running a collaborative thread on Talking Time to finish a quest we hope to enter into this contest. November 5th was the agreed-upon deadline and bumping it forward without warning simply leaves us with not enough time.

We have to assemble all nine dungeons and an overworld, and do thorough testing to make sure the difficulty is even, there are no bugs or exploits, and everything follows the rules laid out and keeps to the spirit of a NES Quest.

In my opinion, the shortened deadline is completely biased in favor of lone authors who are so entrenched in this engine that they can bang out a finished quest, yet spend almost no time on QA. I assume that happens after the deadline passes, but it necessarily takes a group of people longer to build and test for consistency. (We have about three guys so far.) And a good QA process is very important because last time we had this contest, we wound up with the Fourth Quest, which has this situation in it.

That one Black Moldorm never stays dead and is revisited by the same player several times more during that video series. But that's not all, elsewhere in the dungeon he gets trapped in a situation where he's missing a key and can't escape without resorting to the Continue screen.
The agreed upon deadline was about 6 weeks from the start of the contest. Gleeok mistakenly put the wrong date. However that isn't a hard deadline. A hard deadline hasnt been set just yet.