Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%

Post 7/5/13 Update Info [Ver 1.5.17]

So I thought I'd give a bit of an update on this, since it has been a while. A lot has changed since I released that early alpha build, and a lot of these changes stem from the feedback I got from the handful of folks who tested it out.

For starters the entire start-up window has been redone. The news feed has been removed, making it much more compact and tidy.

A big change is that the client window has been resized. This was an issue with people playing on older laptops with lower resolution. The 1.4 version was too tall, which left some players unable to chat and/or view the entire map. The 1.5 version has less height, and only slightly more width to accommodate this change. Of course this means the entire GUI was reworked as well. I think this latest layout and design is far superior to the old.

All of the character sheets are being redone because I recoded the way they are handled to make it suit what I want better. Paperdolling items align properly now, and you'll be seeing more of them.

Some interesting ideas for areas have sprung up from some older players lately as well. Such as the screenshot above of a work in progress concept; When you die, you go to an area known as the Farplane where you can heal and then be sent back to Alunia's surface. Stronger players will find themselves venturing around the Farplane, after defeating a guardian boss enemy, to get some otherworldly equipment.

A real time announcement system was implemented into the client (re: [MATERIA BURST] - [ACTIVE]). This will be each players direct notification area to what events are happening live from the admins. This will be used for server-wide quests, involving all of the players gathering items or battling enemies. A notification sound alerts players of an updated announcement.

Elemental weapons were further worked on. Additional elements have been added, as well as enemies that are weak and immune to these elements. Adding these elemental properties to spells will come shortly.

Synthesizing has been further developed. Most of the current Mythril weapons are implemented already, as is their crafting schematics.

Mining areas are being worked on as well. Mining tools will be required in order to dig up ores that can then be synthesized into various pieces of equipment.

Mapping in general has come to a near halt. If anyone is interested in mapping (following a loose planogram, then making up the actual design and finalizing it with details) let me know. I might be able to set you up with a current client.

Also if anyone finds themselves privy to making custom sprites/sprite alterations, let me know. Specifically those adept in spriting out animations. :)

OH, and @ctrl-alt-delete - there is an 80% chance that you will have Dragoons with a !Jump ability. I laid out the logic for it a few days ago.
    Last edited by MasterSwordUltima; 07-05-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Thread Information