Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%

Ghost Hunters Anyone?

Anybody here watch Ghost Hunters on SciFi Channel? If so, did any of you see the mid-season finale on July 17th?

I bring this up because the place I work at, The Elms Hotel, was where that particular episode focused on.

If you did see it, what did you think? I can tell ya that working there is at least interesting.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.11%
    Personal stories?

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    I've got a few that happened to me.

I work in housekeepeing so its my job to clean stuff. Last summer I got a call that the women's restroom in the lobby needed to be serviced. I went in and saw
    TP and paper towels EVERYWHERE. What stood out the most though was that the handicap stall in the back was locked from the inside with nobody in it. I crawled
    underneath to unlock it and saw that somebody had taken the 2 rolls of TP in there and rolled them under the other stalls. At first I though it was some kid playing
    a prank, but I found out later we had nobody with kids check-in (or out) the entire weekend.

A few weeks later, a girl who worked at the front desk at the time went into the same restroom and the same stall opened and closed by itself while she was in there.

A few months ago, another girl from the front desk was in there washing her hands with a guest in the stall, when it swung open slowly when the guest
    swore she had locked it.

I'd like to make one note about the episode, if you watched it/plan to: everything that happens on the 5th floor fits the MO of a ghost the staff calls Charlie up there.
    Room 501 is one of his main haunts there, though he's been causing mischief all-over the place up there. I've had him mess with the guest elevator while doing a ghost tour
    on 5F twice. It came up when nobody on any floor had called it (you can tell with this elevator if its been called because it dings whenever a button is pressed, quite loudly), opened up on 5F, nobody in it, closed and went back down to the lobby.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.11%
    I want a free room.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.18%
    I've seen a few. Probably the worst ones though - the ones where the most abnormal behavior comes from themselves, and they basically reinvent the "jump-to-conclusions" thing from office space. So... probably from season 1 I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    I've got a few that happened to me.

I work in housekeepeing so its my job to clean stuff. Last summer I got a call that the women's restroom in the lobby needed to be serviced. I went in and saw
    TP and paper towels EVERYWHERE. What stood out the most though was that the handicap stall in the back was locked from the inside with nobody in it. I crawled
    underneath to unlock it and saw that somebody had taken the 2 rolls of TP in there and rolled them under the other stalls. At first I though it was some kid playing
    a prank, but I found out later we had nobody with kids check-in (or out) the entire weekend.

A few weeks later, a girl who worked at the front desk at the time went into the same restroom and the same stall opened and closed by itself while she was in there.

A few months ago, another girl from the front desk was in there washing her hands with a guest in the stall, when it swung open slowly when the guest
    swore she had locked it.
    The lock is just broken.

I'd like to make one note about the episode, if you watched it/plan to: everything that happens on the 5th floor fits the MO of a ghost the staff calls Charlie up there.
    Room 501 is one of his main haunts there, though he's been causing mischief all-over the place up there. I've had him mess with the guest elevator while doing a ghost tour
    on 5F twice. It came up when nobody on any floor had called it (you can tell with this elevator if its been called because it dings whenever a button is pressed, quite loudly), opened up on 5F, nobody in it, closed and went back down to the lobby.
    That's because the elevator was sent up, and then retroactively recalled, from the lobby!

Quote Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
    I want a free room.
    I propose that we form a paranormal investigation team called, say, the Ghost-Busters, and will offer to investigate these strange behaviors at the hotel free-of-charge for a month. All we need is for mrz84 to make it happen.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.86%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I propose that we form a paranormal investigation team called, say, the Ghost-Busters, and will offer to investigate these strange behaviors at the hotel free-of-charge for a month. All we need is for mrz84 to make it happen.
    I'll join in if there is a banquet room set up so I can pull the tablecloth out from everything and proclaim "And the flowers are still standing!"

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%
    I can't get free rooms, sadly. Only reduced prices for those who are of blood relation (parents, siblings, your kids) and your spouse. It is a sound idea and would be interesting.
    At best though, the standard rooms cost about $120-ish per night (I haven't checked the prices since the renovations ended so I'm not sure how accurate this is) with our most expensive rooms on 5F where the GH had the most activity in the show.

And erm2003, you'll be glad to know we have 2 ballrooms and at least one is usually set up during the week (unless there's no events going on) though sometimes its for business meetings and not weddings or anything else with flowers on the tables.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.14%

No smeared feces? Lucky you. I am not trying to debunk your ghost here but some people turn into rabid animals in public lavatories. The worst bathroom faux pas I ever remember from my school days was the occasional floater. As an adult, I have seen lav's turned into literal biohazards by adults. Pro-tip, never purchase any art books, manga, or remotely erotic literature from a bookstore with public lav's...not all of them follow rules on writing off books recovered from loos. Unfortunately, it's not just the men-folk *shudders* I worked at a company with a secured campus, security badges for every section and no children allowed, and the lavatories were often wrecked. On a good day they were merely festooned with paper-products and food stuff but often they were OSHA concerns. The occasional cup behind a commode was understandable (it's a...non-TP thing for some) but why take the time and effort to spread trash and biological substances around an entire room? And who thinks that is an appropriate place to have a nosh? Locking a stall then crawling out to leave it locked is amateur hour and I pity the adult whose self-worth is so low that get a sense of accomplishment out of such activity. Those who cannot create think destruction is a comparable substitute.

As for ghosts... not sure. I tend to go with the theory of lingering energy. No consciousness or new reasoning but the left-over habits of certain energies.

edited because I forgot to turn off spell-checker
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.34%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    My general attitude toward ghosts and such is to avoid anyone who proclaims to have knowledge of ghosts and the otherworldly and is willing to have a television show based on their exploits. It's a lethal combination toward cold reading and the like. I've spoken with plenty of people with the aptitude toward knowing things they should not be able to know who absolutely refuse to have anything to do with the public, similar to how a witch would prefer to be reclusive to avoid the public's eye. It's quite understandable.

Also, I can certainly attest to some horrific biohazards appearing in public restrooms. Most of the bolder stories I could tell revolve around the central line "Oh god, it was on the ceiling!!" .. followed by me running away in abject panic.

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.11%
    Ghosts are real.

I've seen some shit.