User Tag List

Thread: Dungeon Impossible - Final (for challenge!)

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%

Dungeon Impossible - Final (for challenge!)

I've re-updated Dungeon Impossible (Actually it was already updated and just sitting on my hard drive for a year...I just completely forgot about it)

The original version is about five to six years old now, but this version is MUCH easier now depending on what difficulty you choose.
    Copy paste from a year ago:

This is sort of a re-re-release of that demo, if you will, except that I do consider it finalized now. I've kept EVERYTHING as-is that did not break or contain unexpected behavior due to dredging it through many old alpha builds on the way to 2.5 for historical reasons, with a few exceptions:
    -Broken rooms were replaced with mini-bosses. icon_biggrin.gif
    -Mega-Hearts were added in a few spots to make it easier for most players.
    -Added a Game Select Screen for customizing difficulty. This might be beatable by most players now. See below;

GAME MODES:
    -For novice players that don't want to be annihilated by hordes of monsters over and over again: Choose Easy Mode. You have been warned.
    -For good players wanting a challenge: Choose Hard Mode with max HP. You will need them!
    -For hardcore players: I sincerely suggest you be able to beat Hard Mode before you even try anything higher. Please, PLEASE don't get ridiculous right off the bat. (The bosses can get really hard!) You have also been warned.
    -Note for challenge players: 16 HP was the default re-release HP amount. You were never meant to have more than 16, so choosing more disqualifies you! :-p

Warning: The bosses are hard and may induce vomiting.

-

-

-

DOWNLOAD: http://filesmelt.com/dl/DungeonImpossible.qst

I had fun making (and playing) this many years ago, so I hope at /least/ one other person has fun playing it also.

Please report any bugs or problems you come across. Once there are no issues I will add it to the zc.com database.

PS: Current DI Hall of Fame Leaderboard:
    Hard - Din, James24.
    Very Hard - Gleeok.

Enjoy!
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    I'm not a challenge player but I will check this baby out.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    Anybody play this with no problems? Any bugs?

..Maybe I'll just give it another week or two for testing before adding it.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    Wow. Well that's definitely a crazy thing to play.

The only thing in the first dungeon that really gave me any degree of woe was the Gohma with the lasers in the room in the southeast corner. They do 8 hearts (Possibly 16 without ring?) of damage. That's absurd. Craziness. I died so many times in that room. You have to use the Gohma's eye ball (Haha, it has one eyeball.) to take less damage to get invincibility frames to navigate the lasers.

Now I'm in Dungeon 2, and just getting lost . It stopped being fun when I have to make maps. :|

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
    Wow. Well that's definitely a crazy thing to play.

The only thing in the first dungeon that really gave me any degree of woe was the Gohma with the lasers in the room in the southeast corner. They do 8 hearts (Possibly 16 without ring?) of damage. That's absurd. Craziness. I died so many times in that room. You have to use the Gohma's eye ball (Haha, it has one eyeball.) to take less damage to get invincibility frames to navigate the lasers.
    Did you try the flamethrower?

Now I'm in Dungeon 2, and just getting lost . It stopped being fun when I have to make maps. :|
    That means its working. The game tries to break you down emotionally as well as physically. The less you pay attention to the surroundings the more lost you get. :Heartsmile:
    Sorry. It's supposed to be like that. :\

Question: I'm assuming you have full health on easy - is it still too easy on easy? Should I cap the hearts at a lower amount? (I have a hard time with easy modes for some reason...)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    I was working with 9 HP on Very Hard mode. It wasn't too hard at first. Definitely, the hardest part was that Gohma. No, I actually didn't try the Flamethrower. I just had the Red Candle, and eventually got the Boomerang.

I'm not even sure if I saved my game after I got to L2. O.o

Oh, can I go back to L1 if I ever get the power gauntlets? There's a room to the south of the starting room with pushable blocks that I couldn't push. Also, there's a room to the west of the starting room with a 1-way shutter. What's up with that? :p

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    No, I actually didn't try the Flamethrower. I just had the Red Candle, and eventually got the Boomerang.
    Yeah, the red candle is the flamethrower.
    By running into your own fire you can cross damage combos.

I was working with 9 HP on Very Hard mode. It wasn't too hard at first. Definitely, the hardest part was that Gohma.
    Oh, can I go back to L1 if I ever get the power gauntlets? There's a room to the south of the starting room with pushable blocks that I couldn't push. Also, there's a room to the west of the starting room with a 1-way shutter. What's up with that? :p
    O_o Wow. 9 hearts on very hard is pretty good. If you can manage to get through B1 you'll be the current champion!

There's also nothing in those first rooms.

[EDIT] ...Wait. Is that a bug? What one way shutter? Was it the room where you bomb the south wall? How did you get the key otherwise?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.17%
    I'm already on the next level and I can't go back, so I started a quick new game to get these screenshots.

It's both of these rooms. The second one is directly below the first screenshot, as soon as you start the quest. In the first screen, the door Link is staring at is a 1-way shutter. I have no idea how to access the room on the other side. In the second screenshot, I can't move any blocks. I have no idea how to get to the lower-left half of the room to its east.

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    I'm already on the next level and I can't go back, so I started a quick new game to get these screenshots.

It's both of these rooms. The second one is directly below the first screenshot, as soon as you start the quest. In the first screen, the door Link is staring at is a 1-way shutter. I have no idea how to access the room on the other side. In the second screenshot, I can't move any blocks. I have no idea how to get to the lower-left half of the room to its east.

Oh. hehe.. You can't.

In the original full quest I was going to have it so you could also get into dungeons from a dungeon that connected them all together. The "top-left side" of LV3 is supposed to be submerged and or water-damaged.

Thanks for checking. I'm about half done with balancing easy-hard mode also.

Thread Information