259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quick, someone get in touch with TNT and let them know that AGN knows drama more than them. Their R&D division needs to hear about this.

Sephiroth: I will personally delete your quests from the DB if that makes you feel any better, but as was pointed out it's not easily doable atm. They've been there for over 8 years and downloaded and played by numerous people since then, so I have to wonder why the sudden need to get them removed asap.

As for the hyperspin idea I think it's safe to say that he has only good intentions of getting a zc pack put together for it, but because of the amount of resistance he's receiving both here and on purezc I see only one alternative course of events where everyone is happy: These "lots of quests in big downloads" need to be assembled or edited by the zc community and quest makers themselves.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Ok Guys so my first idea of making a big download pack is not a way to go and everything about quest files download will not be part of my project. I greatly appreciate your honestly and what i am doing now is a list of all quest based from a csv from purezc in xml format compatible for hyperspin. in this xml files all author name will be associated with the quest name. Maybe i will also have to create a batch file for renaming quest to a their quest name instead of "q263.zip" for example.

So if i am doing it this way is it ok for everyone ?

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    tanookimonk, to assemble a huge download of all these quests would mean doing a lot of searching, as some are hosted privately. It would be best, if at all possible, to start with a few and add more over time.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    What you're doing is great, and that sounds like a good concept. But I agree with KA, start small and work your way up.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Load phpmyadmin, run query on database:

DELETE FROM `quests` WHERE `id` = 157
    DELETE FROM `quests` WHERE `id` = 460
    DELETE FROM `quests` WHERE `id` = 463

Open FTP, locate and delete the zips for the three quests.

Removed from database. Not impossible to do, you guys just don't want to do it.

@Gleeok : Only one of those quests are in there from 2004, the other two were uploaded when cad took over agn and was scraping databases for quests without peoples' consent, and thus my other two quests were uploaded to it without my consent. Besides, I'd rather keep my quests in ONE spot so I don't have to deal with updates in multiples, ... especially when this database lacks the necessary features to perform updates.
    Can you really be this dense? We have a forum dedictated to off topic threads. We have GD in which going a little off topic is not frowned upon. And yet here in this thread after being told not to do so you continue.

You have been told that your quests will not and cannot be removed at this time. Our database is frozen and will continue to be so until the new site is launched. We are not obligated to describe the specifics of that situation. We are also not required to do whatever you like when you come in here bitching. Whether your quests were added to the database with out your permission is irrelevant. I could care less. If you would have done as I asked I would have happily removed them as soon as it was possible. Keep on getting on my nerves and I will make sure they stay in the database till the day I die.

Last Warning: Any posts made in this thread that do not pertain to the topic will receive an official warning for spam. Any more off topic posts here from you, sephiroth, will result in an infraction. I will not state this again. Your concerns about our database are to be taken up in private(IRC, PM, Email, snail mail, fax, telepathy, telegraphy, heiroglyphs take your pick). Honestly though, I don't see anything else that can be said on the issue.

@tanookimonk I am sorry your thread was hijacked. IMHO a list isn't such a great idea as your original one. We already have two databases that function like that. I personally say to go on with your original idea and make a mass download of all quests and if some members politely request their stuff removed then replace them with a link. Either way don't let people being douchebags get in your way. There is no risk of lawsuits.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by tanookimonk View Post
    Ok Guys so my first idea of making a big download pack is not a way to go and everything about quest files download will not be part of my project. I greatly appreciate your honestly and what i am doing now is a list of all quest based from a csv from purezc in xml format compatible for hyperspin. in this xml files all author name will be associated with the quest name. Maybe i will also have to create a batch file for renaming quest to a their quest name instead of "q263.zip" for example.

So if i am doing it this way is it ok for everyone ?
    I look forward to seeing this in action. Please make a video showing ZC-hyperspin in action when you finish!

Also, ZC requires the quest file to be extracted from the .zip file first. Normally you would want to put all .qst files into the same folder. The "q263.zip" will have the correct quest filename inside it, at least it should, but the filename may not match the quest name as listed in the database.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.67%
    Thank you SUCCESSOR for your tip but as my project involve this community and purezc i must admit that i prefer to do not make this big download actually, may be in the future. The fact that i am doing this Xml files will give the ability to all hyperspin user to implement zelda classic very easily and will also create new potential quest creator and contributor to your community and i think that this is very important and this is what really count. Finally what you guys made me realize is people that will make the effort to download their quest manually is because they really want to play and to know more about zelda classic !

And Gleeok This is actually somethin that we had to deal with other system. We will propably end ud to create a script that will do this automayicly !

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Sounds cool I don't know much about what you are doing. Anything that brings attention to ZC is great.

Thread Information