Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.2%
    That is a very large download.
    I'll second the ideas of torrent, filtering by category, version, best of, etc.. and also not in a monolithic archive, though if you've already gone through the work of packing them together I don't see why you'd need to undo that.

Sure, go ahead and make them available as a download.
    It's also important that you link to armageddongames.net, zeldaclassic.net, and purezc.net since that is where newer zc versions can be downloaded, updates of the quests can be found, and where to go for help on a quest or to maybe contact the author.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%
    Wow Thank You guys for all your suggestion and ideas ! Because of you i am now doing the same for PureZc ! If somebody could send me those PolygonX8 Quest i will put them too ! Honestly i find the idea of the torrent very good but for because of my internet connection i cant share by bittorrent ! But as soon as the pack is completed i will share it with you guys and then you will be able to share it ! Is that ok ?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%
    I'm going to have to be one of the naysayers here, and state that I have only submitted my quests into the PureZC database, and they are only to be in the PureZC database. My quests that were uploaded into the AGN database were uploaded without my permission, and I want them removed from the AGN Quest database, as well as this eventual pack. If people want to get my quests, they know where to go.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.53%
    I prefer letting people download quests from a specific place too, so that you can actually make updates to your stuff instead of having outdated versions floating around on the net. So the more I think about it, the more I think I'm not too hot on that idea.

If you put my quests in the file anyway, I ask that you please at least only use the versions found on PureZC. The AGN database is currently in "frozen" status and has been for a while; so, besides not featuring all my quests, the ones that are there are sometimes in an outdated version that I currently don't have the possibility to update. So PureZC is the place to find the good, up to date versions. I would prefer if you just linked to the official download pages instead of sharing actual files, though.

There's also the issue that the database is growing and being updated on a very regular basis (the PureZC one) so your file will always be quickly outdated unless you upgrade it on a weekly basis or so.
    Last edited by Jamian; 05-19-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%
    I understand your argument but in fact this is something that we have to deal about in hyperspin everyday as we have to keep updating all hyperbase but the work that we put in is worth it. By example there is new mugen and openbor games that came out very often and we have to keep updating those list but we do it because the final product itself is incredible.

But anyway all of your comment were very useful and i have started the same discussion on purezc and i think that we came to a compromise that i will talk with you guys as soon as i have more update about it !

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by tanookimonk View Post
    I understand your argument but in fact this is something that we have to deal about in hyperspin everyday as we have to keep updating all hyperbase but the work that we put in is worth it. By example there is new mugen and openbor games that came out very often and we have to keep updating those list but we do it because the final product itself is incredible.

But anyway all of your comment were very useful and i have started the same discussion on purezc and i think that we came to a compromise that i will talk with you guys as soon as i have more update about it !
    Well, regardless of how much work you guys do, I still do NOT want my quests hosted anywhere but the PureZC quest database, primarily because if there is an issue, I can submit an update to a single site versus managing multiples. If you do not listen to this request, I will see what I can do legally to have them forcefully removed. Thank you.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    @Sephiroth While we all appreciate you coming here and demanding "your" files be removed or you will take legal action instead of asking politely, the person doing this project is not affiliated with AGN and AGN has no rules against nor objections to the project. If the person who does said project decides to include "your" files it will be up to said person. Neither AGN nor PureZC can offer legal ownership of quests nor can either act beyond their respective websites. You should take a step back and realize that the person doing this seems to be a polite and reasonable person and respond in kind.

BTW your concern about the quest database should have been taken up in private with staff. That matter is in no way related to this topic. Our database is frozen right now and if you choose to file a complaint properly it will be looked over when something can be done about it. Also reporting this thread which in no way violates Forum Rules is, in my mind atleast, spam. Please think next time before acting.

If anyone else has objections with the quest bundle you can take them up with the person in charge of it politely in his thread or in private. Understand that since it is neither illegal nor a violation of AGN rules whether or not your quests are included with or without your permission the bundle will not be barred from being shared on AGN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%
    Dear Sephiroth,

I thank you for your concern but please understand that the last thing that i want is too hurt this community that include even you individually. I have no intention to share your amazing work if you not want to ! Like i said earlier a will still keep you up to date before doing anything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    I agree, there's really nothing we can do about people sharing the files once they are uploaded and downloaded from any site really.. It's all under the GPL agreements.
    My technical outlook on this whole situation with 'intellectual property' ownership is this:
    Unless those people can prove to me that they somehow acquired the rights to the numbers 0 and 1, the "utility" patent on those numbers is all for anyone with the brains to use them, and from my point of view, I already knew about those things the first day I was conscious so I wouldn't accept any proof otherwise anyway. So technically speaking, since it is illegal to 'modify' an existing 'utility' and in essence reuse it's basic functionality with new modifications, i.e. tiny bits of matter and the counting/electrolytic displacement thereof, the whole concept of writing software and having a copyright on it is actually not really legit.
    For the sake of less arguments with people who might have a different outlook on this whole idea though, I'll just omit that fact for the time being, and stick with the basic facts. This is like being handed a board, nail, and hammer, whatever different concoction you could come up with with those three items has probably already been done a million+++++ times, and is by all rights would not be a patentable, copyrightable, or trademarkable invention.
    I learned in school that the "Mayans" were the first civilization to actually have the full understanding, conception, etc. of the number 0: Therefor the Mayans actually own any and all patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc. to any "utility" or "intellectual" property derived from or utilizing the number 0 according to U.S.P.T.O. law.
    Native Pride baby!
    Edit: It shouldn't be a problem to just leave Sephiroth's stuff out like you guys said anyway. I wouldn't really like my stuff to be on a bundle file either, I mean, it's not the 90's anymore, but 'back in the day' that sort of thing was a big no-no. Third party sites and peer to peer are just asking for viruses and give the filetype a bad name if and when they do something bad to the computer.
    Even people that don't know it's even a problem give the files problems when they run them on different systems and then share the file. I went through almost every Windows edition available to the general public and sometimes when I would (before this new system that has 'run as ____') run the programs in different O/Ses they would not even read basic notepad .txt files the right way and have extra block characters all over the place where there was just a spacebar or other whitespace. That sort of thing can happen to the main game files when they are read and when they are resaved and then sent to the system they actually worked on again they won't work there either if someone doesn't know that, and if they don't know that, then reshare the file they cause problems for other people.

I don't know for sure if this could or would happen to a ZC file, especially just the .qst, no extra import for ZScript 'import .z', because I didin't even check to see if ZC runs on 98- though.
    Last edited by Zim; 05-19-2013 at 11:25 PM.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.04%
    I don't want my quests in it either.

Thread Information