User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A few more suggestions/requests for future releases.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%
    Combo class pointers too, like the talk about the enemy pointers, but for combos. It'd be great to have ComboSetData(Map,Screen,Pos,data,x,y,flag), where data, x,y, and flag set the data of the combo on Map Screen Pos#.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%
    Full Map Auto Layering!
    Paste All to All pastes the Layer Data for each screen on the map to the layer, which is great for making all screens use the same maps for their layers throughout the entirety of the map.. That also sets the screen that is layered though, and the auto button on the layer menu sets the screen to the same screen as the screen as we're on.. It'd be great if we could set all layer maps via paste to all or paste layer data, then have a button to autolayer every layer on every screen on the current map. That way it'd be a way faster process to set every screen on a map to all have the same maps for their layers, and have the proper screens assigned to the layering data, just like the layer menu already does with auto except for every screen on the map all at once.

Here's a short presentation video for clarity's sake:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYqWjAhuW0
    Last edited by Zim; 06-03-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: I made a video presentation for the suggestion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%
    Something a little more reasonable than the things I usually say:
    Game->GetTileWarpScreen(warp,sscreen,sourcemap);
    Game->GetTileWarpDmap(warp,sourcemap,sourcescreen);
    Just like Screen->GetTileWarp and the other functions like that, but for Game-> Class instead so we can grab any tilewarp data from any screen. This would be very useful.
    && the sidewarps also, I don't really see myself using those though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    84.5%
    Oh oh oh! Also it would be greatly appreciated to have a method of grabbing the Enemy list for the screens. That way I could make a function spawn the enemies on the list at the coordinates of the screen automatically when Link gets there.
    The warps would also function a great deal better with a method of grabbing the Warp Return Point A-D's X and Ys.
    The way it is setup right now I can warp Link to a scrolling screen to the exact place where the warp is only by using a special combo and finding it's X,Y.
    The functions I wrote automatically find the destination screen's overall X, Y for the scrolling and place him on the right screen, and having a Game->GetWarpDestX(Warp,DMap,Screen) and Screen->GetWarpDestY(Warp,DMap,Screen) would surely optimize this.
    Last edited by Zim; 06-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Thread Information