User Tag List

Thread: About some enemy and item classes...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%

About some enemy and item classes...

Here's what I've been thinking since the official 2.50 release is out. I think some of the existing item and enemy classes need to be tweaked a little bit. Doesn't matter if it's for 2.5.1 or the rewrite (3.0).
    Anyways, for the items:

The Magic Book Class:
    Why not add a 'Don't Provide Light' misc. flag for in case the Fire Magic flag is checked, since the Candle and Din's Fire classes already have this flag, and the flame produced by fire magic provides light. And perhaps a Flame Damage misc property to determine how much damage (in 1/2 hearts) the flame produced by Fire Magic does, whereas the power determines how much damage the magic itself does.

Classes that are typically used to increase/decrease counters or counter maximums:
    This includes Rupees, Hearts, Heart Containers, Magic Jars, Magic Containers, Normal Keys, Bomb Ammo, and Arrow Ammo. Other than being used for counters, these don't do much else, so why not merge all of these into a single item class called 'Miscellaneous'.

Now for enemies:

Patra:

I notice that currently, only 1x1 Patras can use the Big Circle Pattern while 2x2 Patras use the Oval Pattern no matter what. Also, only 1x1 Patras can have inner eyes and shooters. Plus, even though step speed now applies for this class, it still does not apply to 2x2 Patras, as they always move at a hard-coded speed of 25 no matter what you set their step speed to. And I've been thinking, it sure would be nice if 2x2 Patras could use these properties as well. I don't really like the fact that 2x2 Patras are so hard-coded.

Dodongo:

This should be rather simple, but why not add a misc property that determines whether or not they can be stunned by bomb/super bomb blasts or the Quake Hammer and Super Quake techniques. If set to no, then they can only be defeated by feeding them bombs, just like in BS Zelda. Think of this as more of an NES fix to a little certain behavior in the original LOZ, in which bomb blasts would stun Dodongos and they could instantly be killed by the sword while stunned. Also, here's a couple more misc properties: one to determine what item drop set the Dodongo uses when defeated by stunning it with a normal bomb blast or the quake hammer/super quake attack, then killing it with the sword, and one to determine what item drop set it uses if a super bomb was used to defeat it. The former would only apply if the Dodongo can be stunned.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 05-10-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Here's another improvement I thought of: For Rope Type Walking Enemies, why not make it to where the Walk Attribute determines the step speed of the enemy while it's charging.

Also, back when the ZC Development forums were still around, _L_ had quite a long list of new enemy editor misc properties and enemy classes. Whatever happened to that thread anyway? And there was discussion about possibly merging the Moldorm and Lanmola classes into a single class called Segmented Enemy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Well, sorry to bring this back up again, but I've got another idea based off of an NES Inconsistency I discovered a few months ago:
    http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...out-Manhandlas
    What if we could have a misc property to determine what item drop set the Manhandla uses if you kill it with a bomb (or super bomb)?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Here are some more adjustments I had in mind:

For the Ganon class, the boss roar sound effect seems to be hard-coded to only use the Aquamentus Roar sound, regardless of what you set it to. So why not allow us to select custom roar sound effects for Ganon type enemies. Also, how about some misc properties; Misc 1 would determine what the sword's power must be in order to hurt Ganon, in which Ganon would be immune to a sword whose power is less than the number entered, and Misc 2 would determine what the arrow's power must be in order to destroy Ganon, in which Ganon would be immune to an arrow whose power is less than the number entered.

Also, for all enemy classes, could we have a flag that makes the enemy only play its roar sound effect once?
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 11-02-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    About the BS Patras: They're separate classes so it shouldn't be too hard. Currently their ring radius would need to change to allow for the appropriate spacing for the inner eyes. The hard coded step speed has already been fixed on my part. Working on implementing big circle movement as we speak. The HP of the outer eyes is also hard coded to their parent for some reason it seems, unless I'm missing something. Fixed that too.

Okay that's done, should work now once I commit it. However the animation is still hard coded and currently theirs no way around it. I'll have to take a look at the animation code again to be sure though, might be able to find a way around it. I hate patras, I really do. You have no idea. :p

About the Ropes: Done, and they default to the step+100 behavior for backwards compatibility if Misc 10 is zero.

About the Dodongos: Their stunclock is used internally for when you can damage them with the sword, a quest rule can be used to fix that I guess. As for the item sets, shouldn't be any problems there I guess.

About the Lanmolas and Moldorms: The internal code is way too different, it's impossible to combine them.

About the Manhandla: Interesting I'll have to check that out first though.

About Ganon: If you look you will notice he doesn't have a BG Sound at all because it is hard coded. I believe if you change the Boss Room SFX for his room that overrides it, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 03-11-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    I've got a few more suggestions here; specifically for traps. For whatever reason, line-of-sight traps ignore walkability regardless of the traps ignore walkability screen flag, unless the multi-directional traps rule is checked. Also, if the Line-Of-Sight Traps Can Move Across Entire Screen rule is checked, then they also pass through invisible borders unless the multi-directional traps rule is checked. So if anything, there should be some new quest rules for line of sight traps: 'Line of Sight Traps Ignore Walkability' and 'Line of Sight Traps Can Pass Through Invisible Borders'. These two rules would be for backwards compatibility with older quests, and turning off these rules would prevent these traps from passing through solid combos or invisible borders. Of course, constant traps do not pass through invisible borders, and they bounce off of solid unless the traps ignore walkability screen flag is checked, which is perfectly fine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Here's another idea I had in mind: For temporary jinxes, what if we could have an editable jinx duration attribute that determines how long the jinx lasts? I mean, they way there are now, they only last for 5 seconds, but maybe if we had a jinx duration attribute, perhaps we could make it to where the jinxes last for at least 10 seconds or so.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.28%
    I say nay to merging counter item classes. People use the IC in scripts, and that would break things.

Regarding jinxes, I think there should be a quest rule that jinxes are item-specific, and one for jinxes are item-class specific. It's rather important to segregate those, either with a QR, or in the item editor.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Here are some ideas I had for the Wizzrobe class:
    Why not add a new misc property that affects the enemy's teleporting or firing pattern. The two choices would be Line-of-Sight and Random. For teleporting Wizzrobes, Line-of-Sight would make the enemy appear aligned with Link (which is the case with teleporting Wizzrobes that fire 1 shot), while Random would make the enemy appear in a random spot (which is the case with teleporting Wizzrobes that fire 8 shots or summon enemies). For phasing Wizzrobes, Line-of-Sight would make the enemy fire at Link if he is in the enemy's line of sight (which is the case with phasing Wizzrobes that fire 1 shot or summon enemies), while random would make the enemy fire its weapon at random (which is the case with phasing Wizzrobes that fire 8 shots).

Also, why is it that Wizzrobes that fire 1 shot always use the Magic sound even when their weapon is a flame, while Wizzrobes that fire 8 shots always use the flame sound even when their weapon is not a flame? If we had a drop-down box that allows us to edit the enemy's firing sounds, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.65%
    Here's a couple more suggestions I had in mind as far as item classes go:

1. For bombs and super bombs, how about a flag that prevents rings from reducing damage done to Link, because unfortunately, if the damage done to Link property is set to a negative value, the rings also reduce the amount of hearts recovered.
    2. For potions, why not add some flags that determine whether or not life and/or magic increase or decrease gradually. I explained the potion items' strange behavior in this thread: http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...r-with-potions

Thread Information