0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.21%

A Link to the Ice Age

Introduction

A Link to The Past sequel! Welcome back to the land of Hyrule from one of my favorite Zelda games, A Link To The Past. This quest has an almost exact overworld as ALttP using new, enhanced tiles. Some of it may be slightly adjusted to fit into the smaller screens on Zquest. Completely new redisigned temple's as well as most of the caves (Some are the same) . A Link To The Ice Age will introduce the Zora's, Goron's, Lon Lon Ranch, and few other new additions. Instead of warping into a strange past where there are weird monsters, tree's that watch you, etc etc..I had the idea to make it an ice age past. This may change though depending on which route I decide to take. Currently, I am almost finished with the Light World, and starting to work on the temples, so I still have time to play it out. This will be a very huge quest, full of secrets and some past references to what happened since ALttP took place. I will post more, better pictures once I finish my subscreens. Let me know if you have any questions, I would gladly answer them.

Originally, I had spent over 4 years creating this. However, I lost my backup laptop, then my Macbook HD crashed and I literally lost everything. I was devastated and called it quits. I eventually came back and realized it was something I wanted and needed to finish.

Goal

My goal is to create a real full AlttP sequel game. I want the users to feel like they are really playing an ALttP sequel by keeping some of the features and the atmosphere the same as ALttP. I don't want this to be some super hard quest because of the enemies, but rather a challenge from adventure and thinking. This will be a fun long adventure going back through the familiar hyrule field and exploring new additions and characters.

Information About The Quest
    Created using Zquest 2.50 with Mac.
    Created with a mixture of DoR v2.0, Orion's LTTP V2.4.1, and some custom tiles created by me and other users.
    Expected release date is hopefully around August. (Hopefully before the 3DS sequel release date )
    Updated SFX/Midi's from various other Zelda games.
    There will be several items and equipment.
    12 full temples. (Maybe more)
    All the characters talk. Some giving useful hints.
    Caves and houses will be made using MC tiles.

Progress

Light Overworld - 100%
    Ice Overworld - 20%
    Dungeons - 10%
    Houses,Caves, etc.. - 40%

Credits

Radien- DoR v2.0 tileset
    Marcus- Orion's LTTP Tileset v2.4.1
    Chris and Jared- Parallel Worlds Tileset and Sprites
    Sheik- Subscreen

Help

I would love to hear any suggestions or feedback from anyone! Here are some of the things I would like if anyone has any or knows of any.
    Custom boss scripts
    Some good midi's to use for the ice world.
    Tiles/sprites
    Subscreen.
    Story ideas
    Your opinion and suggestions!
    Progress

Light Overworld - 100%
    Ice Overworld - 20%
    Dungeons - 10%
    Houses,Caves, etc.. - 40%

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.58%
    I have scripting I've done for a lot of various custom bosses styles and other things, including:
    1)Live no-pause-for-subscreen button selection buttons for fast no-pause equipping of both the A and B buttons, which works really great as it is, but could maybe use another framing tiling and possibly some interior background decals of Zelda-ish stuff.
    2)A script that would work like the "bunny hood" where Link runs like 2-3 times as fast, and is completely seemless between screens and everything.
    3)A Tri-Rocket launcher with Lock-on mechanism.. This maybe isn't LttP style material though.
    4)Wolf-Link scripting, which also is maybe not exactly LttP style scripting, but it sure is neat!
    5)Debugging screen that has enemy/item spawning, directly to screen or to subscreen, X,Y,DMAP,and Screen Link Warping, excellent for debugging purposes...
    6)A lot of various other scripting for modification of what ZC does:
    a)enemy weapon deletion when they hit walls, instead of go through walls.
    b)enemy weapons hit each other when not from the origin of the weapon.
    c)Lots of Level up scripts for my own game.

I was probably going to post another demo unpassworded sometime in the near future anyway, but let me know if you're interested in any of these features for your own game and I will expedite the process. I felt like holding out for various reasons, because a lot of the features are a big deal to me and I wanted to make my own quest with them. Things like the sideview platforming and all that that were previously not really released on these forums yet that are implemented in my game.

You can check out ZimHall Zelda Classic Debugger on youtube for videos.

Also, if you have custom graphics I can make boss scripting custom fit to what you would like them to do.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.43%
    It's an interesting project, to say the least, and perhaps well-timed too. Since Alttp is next in lineup after OoT's story, inclusion of extra elements like Lonlon and Gorons could be an interesting imaginative element. Theories abound as to how this game relates geographically to OoT, but a few things are very consistent and have been confirmed (Alttp's lost woods being the temple of time for instance, as well as Hyrule being a lot smaller in Alttp.) I'll be interested to see what you do.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.68%
    BS Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets.
    A Link to the Past 2
    This
    So many LTTP sequels.
    But seriously, I'm liking the progress this quest is making so far.

Thread Information