0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.54%

No Press Conference for Nintendo

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...nce-at-e3-2013

So they're forgoing the "all-in-one" press conference this year in favor of a bunch of smaller events. My guess is that usually, at press conferences, they show more than games (hardware stuff, new Wii U/3DS features, etc.), but this year, the only thing they have to show is games. ... and that's quite frankly all they need to show. I am personally actually cool with this, especially combined with the fact that recent years have not exactly had "good" press conferences.
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I have to agree. The one (of two) things stopping me from getting a Wii U right now is the lack of good games. Its what they need to focus now right now if they wanna get ahead of the PS4 and Durango(or whatever MS is calling that new abomination of their's)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.12%
    The big problem with the Wii U is that it brings nothing new to the table except for one awkward gimmick.
    People aren't going to pay $300 for that, especially if they already own a Wii.

The kind of games that Nintendo's market of casual gamers are interested in are still going to be produced for the normal Wii, which has fallen to easily affordable levels.

I think that Nintendo should bow out of the console market but stay in the handheld market, and start making console games for the other systems.

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.74%
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn the Great View Post
    I think that Nintendo should bow out of the console market but stay in the handheld market, and start making console games for the other systems.
    That's a pretty short-sighted sentiment, wouldn't you agree? The Wii was a profitable console, and I'm sure the Wii U will be as well, though not as much. The Wii U is to the Wii what the Gamecube was to the Nintendo 64. They'll come out with something else in a few years that won't just be a souped-up Wii with a touchscreen, and they will probably rock everyone's world with that. I think they'd need quite a few years without success to consider dropping to software-only, especially considering first-party Nintendo is what sells their consoles.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    The Wii U brings to the Wii, in combination with internet connection and wifi keyboard and other peripherals, a way for the 'gaming' console to be used for just about anything that digital software can be used for, once the software applications are downloaded and/or modded to it. The main thing I supposed the console itself would have as a feature with the touchscreen 3DS style was that it could be used as a hardware base for other cameras like the 3DS, have a touchscreen like the 3DS, and be used for anything from drafting, with scaling dimension-finding program software via internet streaming or memory cards, to drawing live in a 'internet classroom' style media format, and actually be used along with the rest of the control schemes to be used as a University Class education tool for all the people who do home schooling via the internet nowadays that don't have all the peripherals for their PCs, the Wii U would essentially come bundled with everything someone would need to be able to handle any and all type of digital media communication, with multiple styles of control schemes.
    So if you didn't know, the name Wii U is actually because of the idea of the Wii U being used for University. :)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dechipher View Post
    That's a pretty short-sighted sentiment, wouldn't you agree? The Wii was a profitable console, and I'm sure the Wii U will be as well, though not as much. The Wii U is to the Wii what the Gamecube was to the Nintendo 64. They'll come out with something else in a few years that won't just be a souped-up Wii with a touchscreen, and they will probably rock everyone's world with that. I think they'd need quite a few years without success to consider dropping to software-only, especially considering first-party Nintendo is what sells their consoles.
    Short-sighted... maybe. As for the rest, you can mark my words that Wii U is going to go down in history as a stinker on the level the Virtual Boy.

January 2013, sales for Wii U were something like 60,000-70,000 units. And that's only its second month!
    By comparison, the XBox 360, a 7-year old console, sold over 300,000 units that same month. Explain that math to me!

Word has it that Nintendo is already considering going the software-only route.

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    82.77%
    I just had a guy call me today claiming he was a Microsoft Service personnel of some sort that didn't even know the difference between hardware and software, he said my computer was a Windows computer, and that Windows is hardware. I wouldn't believe all the would-be facts from people nowadays.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    The Wii U won't flop as bad as many are proclaiming. If done right the Wii U could pull in some decent sales and make a name for it's self in the long run. What Ninny needs to do is get the word out there on this thing. Many people still think it's a tablet for the Wii. They need to get a lot of casual/mobile games on WiiWare for cheap or free.

If anything Nintendo will repack the console with the Pro controller included and start marketing a more orthodox console gameplay that still supports tablet and motion control games. And it might still flop but Ninny will do what they can and bounce back in the next generation. They made a lot of mistakes but it wont bury them.

Ultimate Prankster Lucario QDB Manager
    Just registered
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    The Wii U won't flop as bad as many are proclaiming. If done right the Wii U could pull in some decent sales and make a name for it's self in the long run. What Ninny needs to do is get the word out there on this thing. Many people still think it's a tablet for the Wii. They need to get a lot of casual/mobile games on WiiWare for cheap or free.

If anything Nintendo will repack the console with the Pro controller included and start marketing a more orthodox console gameplay that still supports tablet and motion control games. And it might still flop but Ninny will do what they can and bounce back in the next generation. They made a lot of mistakes but it wont bury them.
    People still think it's just a Wii peripheral? SEE, NINTENDO, THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD'VE CALLED IT THE NINTENDO CAFE OR SOMETHING, NOT WIIU. YOU DID THE SAME WITH 3DS AND PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS JUST DS GAMES IN 3D SOMEHOW. lol

Speaking of the 3DS, didn't it somewhat flop in its first few months? A much-needed price cut plus a handful of GREAT games for the system have been saving it; in fact, I'm hearing a lot of people now claim that the 3DS is a great system now that it has a lot more games, so if Nintendo delivers great stuff for WiiU this year, they could easily bounce back. Market the heck out of this thing, show WHY people should buy it...yeah, I'm sure people will flock to it.

also earthbound coming to it at last can't hurt.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    I should have said that too. Part of the reason the Wii U is failing is because the lack of top notch games. Once the big names start rolling out the Wii U will start seeing some good sales.

Thread Information