Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.07%
    Quote Originally Posted by ekolis View Post
    Never made a quest before, so this isn't much, but here goes...

Title: Meanie Town

Story: Link is charged with defending a town from eight invading empires. But the residents of the town are meanies and won't provide him with any equipment save for a wooden sword and a shield.

Gameplay: Link has to scavenge better weapons from the forts of the invading empires, using a weapon from one fort to defeat the boss of another fort, much like in a Mega Man game. Link can also return to the town to spend ungodly amounts of rupees to upgrade his items.
    Oh man. It looks like I literally predicted the main innovation of Link Between Worlds...
    I thought the random question asked who the final boss of Final Fantasy 1 was. No wonder that registration didn't take!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.6%
    I was working on a pretty neat project about a year or two ago that was supposed to be a completely open ended quest. It was completely non-linear and you could finish any dungeon at any time. The catch is that any item you find in one dungeon would help you through shortcuts in another dungeon. There was also supposed to be a huge underground superdungeon that linked all the normal dungeons together. I also wanted a huge bustling Hyrule castle town. It was looking really cool, but I lost the latest version of it and I never felt like redoing anything.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.51%
    Mine would feature a male gerudo as the hero, set at the end of the official timeline after Spirit Tracks. It would start in the gerudo desert, with the player having to clear out monsters in the sand temple vefore discovering his destiny. I need to come up with a new anyagonist to replace Demise as he will like be gone or maybe not. But I would also include an ive level with slippery tile puzzles, a level based around hookshot puzzles, a sky temple, maybe dark world, bomb arrows, underwater levels and an escape scenario like before the final ganon battle in OoT. Just as a rough cornerstone of the general plot and idea.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    I'm working on a quest after seeing "The Legend of Zelda: The 12 Palaces" on YouTube. However, it's still in development.

My project is called "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Zodiac". However, before I can create this idea, I wanted a larger Overworld array. For anyone using the classic LOZ style, does the Overworld array have to be 8 x 16 or can that be changed? My Overworld will be bigger: 13 x 13.

Aa for the story itself, I'll leave that in another post where it specifically demands stories.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.01%
    I wanted to make one that would outshine the likes of Nightmare and Gleeok in terms of difficulty. I may have even succeeded, but no one who played The Link Paradox seems to still have a copy. A shame that the likes of Breaker and Biggiy made me leave before it was finished

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.54%
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLord1975 View Post
    I'm working on a quest after seeing "The Legend of Zelda: The 12 Palaces" on YouTube. However, it's still in development.

My project is called "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Zodiac". However, before I can create this idea, I wanted a larger Overworld array. For anyone using the classic LOZ style, does the Overworld array have to be 8 x 16 or can that be changed? My Overworld will be bigger: 13 x 13.

Thank you.
    You can use side-warps and set the return point, which would cause problems in Link's location upon moving to the next screen, unless you set up a script that when the side warp is used the script carries over Link's X or Y coordinates to compensate for that.

I'm still planning on making a game with those scripts I wrote up for scrolling and the clock, to make time based events like in Majora's Mask.
    I will probably be continuing making the quest next year.

Thread Information