... but never had the time to.

So this is just a discussion not about a quest that actually exists, but about the quest of your dreams, that you yourself would one day wish to create.

Given the limitations of ZC 2.5, minus the freedom of ZScript, tell us all about it! Omit no detail. This is your thread. Do with it what ye will.

-------------------------------------------------

My quest, ... that one quest to rule them all, ... or at least to pacify what little ego I have left after falling down the stairs this morning, haha, (Never happened. = =. ) is about as far from a Zelda-style quest as you'll ever see. It's going to be plot-based, yet largely nonlinear, in the sense that it won't be "on rails."

You will of course have access to items requiring you to possess them to progress to new areas, certainly, but what game doesn't have tools like that? But that won't be the only thing stopping you from entering new areas. There will be PLENTY of scripts and "events" activated from one area that affects another. The game's plotline requires it. Heavily.

There will be not two, but three "meters" in the game: Health, Magic, and Stamina. Every action will use some stamina, but it quickly regenerates. Magic will be used much as it is in a standard quest, but there will be many occasions to use it, and it won't only be items that use it.

Many of the items in the game will be spells that you uncover. You will start with a decent-sized Magic Meter. There won't be a "boomerang" item - Instead, there will be a spell that attempts to emit force in a given direction, stunning any NPC it comes into contact with. It won't "return" to you. But it will be used to knock items off of ledges, onto the floor below. There will be a basic fireball spell that, when upgraded, will explode when it hits something. (There's your bombs. No Dodongos in this quest.) The hookshot will be a magical magnet that changes polarity when it hits something. I'm sure you can get the idea.

The setting is quite fantastical, and often whimsical, yet has a dark and serious side. There will be things that will make you laugh, things that will make you think everything is right with the world, and there will things that you make you clench your fist in pure white hot rage. I would include 2x2 portraits of everyone in the game, (Or at least important NPCs) if I had the time to draw them. Takes waaay too long as it is, and I make more tiles than I usually place down in the world.

The game will open up with you in a briefing with your comrades at arms. You will be engaged in a practice drill into an old abandoned tower elsewhere in the land. You're transported there on the back of a Dragon-like creature, and storm up the tower until you find your goal. The plot dictates that you will return to this tower later on in the game, under entirely different circumstances. It's that kind of game, yeah. The plot will be worked backwards. It has to, if it is to make any sense.

So how 'bout you?