Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.27%
    any news regarding this?
    or any news when this will be open source?

Cant wait to port it! :)

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.16%
    Once the public repo is up there will be a public zc-port branch where the goal is to get ZC (Not ZQ) off of Allegro4 so it can be ported to Homebrew, Android, etc.. hopefully we can find some more people willing to help ou with this as well.

As for when, I am not sure. I am not involved with design/coding the new site stuff so I can't give any kind of answer on that. I will try to get a status update from DD though.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Gel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.27%
    Is the source still not released yet?
    I still want to port this game to the N900....

Any news would be welcome guys...

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.37%
    ARGH! Forum ate my post!

So I'll just summarize what I said: The code is currently built on a language that is dated, and in fact is causing compatibility issues with even the latest operating systems (hence our problems with Windows 8 at the moment). Many of the original programmers have moved on and some of them have admitted to using untidy coding practices because they were only learning about coding at the time. In short, it is going to take a long time to sort out these hiccups while keeping the program backwards compatible (if that is even possible).

Rest assured we will send you a message when we have an estimate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.69%
    Albeit this sounds like a really great idea for "regular" ZC games, i.g. games without a lot of scripting or extra stuff, those smaller devices are probably NEVER going to have the processing and memory to actually run a full-fledged original quest file on ZC with a lot of extras and scripting, they just aren't big enough to actually be able to do that without having some sort of linkage to a device with more capacity for storage.
    I mean, the only way I could think of that this would feasibly work is if someone linked a super fast wifi connection with an Android, and communicated with a base computer with wifi as to the graphics and the inputs, so the inputs go directly to the larger computer, and the larger computer does the actual computing, then the smaller device receives the feed of what the sound and graphics are doing frame by frame. If that were done right, a smaller device would be able to run a large quest file with the help of a more capable machine. This screams Wii U to me, basically the same principle as the touch screen interface device.

I already mentioned this but what I'm referring to is stuff like the file I made Zim.qst:
    I was running that on a Toshiba i7 4-core processors brand new laptop. That thing could run ZC at 3000+ fps, and run Zim.qst with absolutely no slowdown. A smaller device would pretty much fail miserably at such a task, because it just doesn't have the hardware to do so, it's just not possible.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.49%
    If the current version goes to android, I might do more in ZC more often.

EDIT: and I'm pretty sure my device can handle at least a single quest, even a big one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.69%
    That was just a guess on my part, I've never even actually owned my own android yet.

Gel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.27%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    ARGH! Forum ate my post!

So I'll just summarize what I said: The code is currently built on a language that is dated, and in fact is causing compatibility issues with even the latest operating systems (hence our problems with Windows 8 at the moment). Many of the original programmers have moved on and some of them have admitted to using untidy coding practices because they were only learning about coding at the time. In short, it is going to take a long time to sort out these hiccups while keeping the program backwards compatible (if that is even possible).

Rest assured we will send you a message when we have an estimate.
    Dated or not, it should work on the N900 out of the box (or with minimal changes to it).
    That is the reason why I ask for the sources in the current stage.

Read the first page to know why
    I still hope one of the devs will read this...

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Quote Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
    Dated or not, it should work on the N900 out of the box (or with minimal changes to it).
    That is the reason why I ask for the sources in the current stage.

Read the first page to know why
    I still hope one of the devs will read this...
    I am sure it can run on the N900. It runs on my laptop and that says a lot. Though, It's a limited experience as I have read that N900 can't process sound for Allegro games and the experience isn't perfect. If you can show proof of your experience/capability with porting/game development then I am sure it would be no problem to hand you the code.

I wish we would release the code right now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Gel
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.27%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I am sure it can run on the N900. It runs on my laptop and that says a lot. Though, It's a limited experience as I have read that N900 can't process sound for Allegro games and the experience isn't perfect. If you can show proof of your experience/capability with porting/game development then I am sure it would be no problem to hand you the code.

I wish we would release the code right now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
    It's been almost over a year now... Still no source

Thread Information