3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.19%

"Once I built a railroad, made it run, made it race against time..,"

in-fra-struc-ture noun

1. the underlying foundation or basic framework (as of a system or organization)

2. the permanent installations required for military purposes

3. the system of public works of a country, state, or region; also: the resources (as personnel, buildings, or equipment) required for activity

The word of the moment is "infrastructure", as in, what insufficient amount of which we have in the USA is fast crumbling around our ears. Ours is the only first-world nation of size that lacks a national rail system. The rail system we have, once the gold standard for the world, is woefully outdated and dilapidated. The national power grid was largely constructed before most of us were born. Many urban and dense suburban areas are struggling to keep sewer & waste water systems flowing for populations many times their originally designed loads. Why do we not have national wifi coverage yet? Homeowners in Colorado are unable to dig wells on their own property because California already bought all their water to keep California cows happy and Beverly Hills green. And what should be said about the state of our bridges and schools in Tornado Alley?

At least we managed to scrape together that $400 billion for those nifty new F-35's.., so long as we do not want to use them on a cloudy day.

So is this it? Do we resign ourselves to devolving into some third world laughing stock or can we recover? I do not care if we talk about this here; I just want other people to be talking about this in general.
    "The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."

Glenn the Great: I just think I'd be happier as a pretty lesbian girl.

"Live and Let Live" is an excellent, tree-hugging philosophy, but it doesn't do much when the ones you refuse to kill are dragging you down with them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.69%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    America has been power-stupid since day one. Not going to change for many decades, if ever. Try not to lose sleep over it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.95%
    Could this be the answer to our power-stupidity?

Italian inventor Andrea Rossi, whose company Leonardo Corporation is based in the USA, claims to have demonstrated a reliable and practical "cold fusion" reaction:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-05/24/cold-fusion-research

Shattered Earth, coming soon!

Mappers needed. If you want to help, send a PM to MasterSwordUltima.

Thread Information