0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    Where's the hint for the Lava Maze in Goriya Mines? I got it by guessing but I feel like I shouldn't have been guessing in the first place.

Edit 1: Minecart A's stairs exited me to the right which broke Minecart B, causing me to get stuck off the track on the bottom curve. Stairs should exit to the south.

Edit 2: Really? Four homing bullets in the boss room? It's bad enough that boomerangs 'catch' other boomerangs, but to add four homing turrets is just excessive. :<
    Last edited by TobiasAmaranth; 04-18-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    There are no mazes you have to guess in this quest.

After following the normal route, there were four aligned pots you could break in the next room, with arrows underneath.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    I ... could not see that. Way past there so I'm not gonna go checking again but, huh. I mean, makes sense but totally did not notice it.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    Stuck again. Palace of Fire and Ice. I see a key, I see that a block is supposed to vanish, I cannot make the block vanish. Going back there again (now that I know that dungeon was supposed to be before Uematsu Village, as it whines that I don't have the better sword) and will continue trying but I've gotten 1 or 2 keys before and this one's just staring me in the face. (I have the map already if that helps)

Edit: Din's fire apparently. Still rather curious about the two nearby hidden staircases in the overworld. I haven't figured out how to open those yet. Maybe this sword. Maybe the bow. Maybe the item from Death Mountain. I haven't started worrying too much yet.

Edit 2: I... Don't think that was the proper way for killing that boss. Stand behind it and suicide-hack at it. Then again, that's how I've approached a few of the bosses that first stuff like the Classic Dungeon boss. Stand in a corner and slash mindlessly hoping I don't die.

Edit 3: Din's fire apparently. Again. Die bushes. Can't believe I didn't try this earlier on either of these. Huh. Back to the land of Kefka after I get more Red Potion. WTB potion vendor in the Past.

Edit 4: Stuck again. Found a cow, and he talks about something that doesn't yet matter to me. Meanwhile I'm getting raped by rocks and the Lens of Truth shows one boulder flashing white and one boulder disappears. Bombs of both types and pushing do nothing to both of them, the dead end with massive boulders has nothing Lens of Truthable OR pushable and I hate effing boulders. DIAF. |3
    Last edited by TobiasAmaranth; 04-19-2013 at 04:25 AM.

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    You need to do something with the white flashing boulder (a white flash is a lens of truth "there's a secret here!" indication). Think of other items that could destroy rocks in some official Zelda games.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    Yeah well I tried that. On the other rock. :/ Bah. Bad choice of action without giving hints as it's not used anywhere prior. Least favorite dungeon by far. Bombs don't work on the green wizrobe after he slows down which made me second guess if they could work at -all-. Bad design on that enemy. Similarly the boss there, suicided twice just to figure out what item worked, it was hard to even tell, and then took two full life bars to actually kill him once I figured out that it was the hammer. Seriously, I lived with .5 hearts after using my one half-potion. Just, flat out bad dungeon compared to almost all of the others. Harsh criticism but I've been having a lot of fun overall so it's worth saying aloud.

That said, only two places I know of for me to still visit are Ganon and Pyramid. I am missing the last magic crystal, Naryu's Love or whatever, which I heard is in the Pyramid. I am missing two heart pieces and have found every overworld piece as well as been in every room in every dungeon on every map except for the two I mentioned above. I am also missing whatever is next to the heart piece / cross. Is this the right point I should be at? Or did I actually manage to miss something somewhere else? It's been a long quest and I'm just not sure anymore.

Oh yeah, and level 3 heart ring but I found that right away having just entered Level 9 Ganon's Fortress. Oddly conveniently placed. Is there a rupee discount ring of level 3, too?

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    No problem on the criticism. The idea with the green wizzrobe is that when he's in his "disappearing" phase he is no longer vulnerable. That wizzobe is actually a leever. The boss is actually quite easy once you know you have to use the hammer, maybe you weren't using the right strategy. Stand near his mouth and smash it with the hammer, while at the same time swinging your sword at the bubbles he spits if they come near you (ignoring them otherwise).

Nayru's Love isn't in the Pyramid, you've heard wrong. The Pyramid is a dungeon that hates the player, for those who want to tackle that kind of dungeon (I know there aren't many, but I've always wanted to have one of those... forgive me), but it's completely optional, and actually nets you the level 3 heart ring... which is a bonus but not necessary at all to win.

What you picked up in Ganon's Fortress was likely the level 3 rupee ring.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    Oh. Right. Rupee. That's why.... lol okay oops, I feel silly. Fighting Boss A of Ganon's Fortress. 25 hits on it and then my potion didn't activate so I died. Previous attempts I've lost half my life before even getting one hit due to bad luck / chasing, or other such stupidity. Wish there was a ranged attack I could use. Must be the boss that gives Naryu's Love (I heard such a thing was optional is all.)

And yes. That's what I did. And the balls still hit me every few seconds by going south as soon as the spawned. Continuous pain, same for every other damn room in that dungeon. Continuous painful painful pain. As for the Wizrobe, why not make him flicker after he enters slow mode? He looks like he should be able to be hit and that would be the FAIR time to allow the player TO hit it imo. There's no reason to make some of these things so painfully tedious. Like the piranha plant vulnerable to the hammer. Do I really need to hit it 10 times to prove that I figured out to hit it with the hammer? He's not hard. He's tedious.

As for the two missing heart pieces, they must be really obscure. I did all of the animal's hints, I have entered every room in every dungeon that's on the map (including the deceptive Mines room where I saw the compass pointing there and figured I couldn't enter while next to it. Oops?), I have nabbed every listed overworld heartpiece from the hint in the forest. Yet I'm missing not just one, but two. My next step is to make sure I've gotten the map and compass for every dungeon just to recheck my assumption I've completed things properly.

Maybe I will take on the Pyramid, maybe I won't. It -would- have to be maximum distance from the health potion place though, wouldn't it? :<

Link
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.69%
    Well Death Mountain is optional too (you can do without that ring), so it is also possible to say "screw it" and move on.

Good job catching that faulty compass in Goriya Mines (because yes, it's not supposed to do that... somehow nobody had mentioned it so far). I'm fixing it.

There is a potion shop available *in* the pyramid but you have to find it and go through some rooms first.

Good suggestion on having the green wizzrobe flicker while he's invincible - I'm adding that.

For Ganon make sure to bring a purple tunic and potions.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    47.3%
    Uhh. Purple Tunic? I took a break on the secondary boss of Ganon's Fortress but you say Naryu's Love isn't found in the Pyramid so I have to wonder which item this boss is hiding and where the other item is actually at. I was indeed wondering if there was a purple tunic to be had but yeah, that makes me feel like I'm missing a few big things somehow.

Thread Information